• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Savegame Backup with New Horizons Mod

Paride Pezzoli

Landlubber
Hi guys, I've got a problem, sometimes my game makes a mess with files and I need to reinstall everything (that's not a big problem it happened only 2 times in 3 weeks) but I'm wondering how to make Backup of saves... I tried to make a copy of the files in the SAVE folder, but this doesn't seems to work I guess it's because of the profile system... can somebody help?

You should be able to copy the files in the Save folder to another folder using windows explorer.

All you have to do is set up another folder somewhere safe ( not in the Game's folder) and then copy & paste the Save Files into it.

What I do is I have a Games Save Archive folder into which I copied the Save folder before I started playing the game ( while it was empty).

Then every so often I empty the save folder in the game for the story I am playing by Cut & Paste and move all the saves except the most recent one to the archive folder.

I am currently playing the Sea Hawk story and the Gsame 's Save folder ( Standard) has 26 files in it. My archive folder for this story has 148 Save files in it.

You have to cut & Paste the files from each Save Folder separately, one Story folder at a time - I have not tried to do all the folders together.

I hope this helps.

:cheers

Thank you guys, I made a copy of the SAVE folder hoping it will solve the problem, actually I'm too scared to uninstall the game and make a try... if the game will make a mess again I'll report if it worked!!!

The "SAVE" folder contains folders for each storyline. You'll need to copy the files back to their correct folders. If you just copy the entire "SAVE" folder to somewhere else and then copy the whole thing back again after a re-install, those storyline folders ought to be preserved.

Profiles are merely designated by the first part of the individual savegame file name within a storyline folder. The default profile is "Player", so files saved under that profile have names starting with "-=Player=-".

There's a maximum number of savegames you can have for a given profile in a given storyline. If you've been regularly copying files from the storyline folder into your archive and then deleting them, the archive will probably have too many files for you to copy the whole lot. 148 is definitely far too many. Copy back the most recent 10 or 20, perhaps.

Before going to the extreme of uninstalling and reinstalling the game, when it goes wrong again you could try deleting the file "options". You'll then need to change any settings you made to controls, game preferences etc. again, but you'd need to do that anyway if you do a full re-install. "options" sometimes gets corrupted which causes all sorts of problems; deleting it therefore cures a lot of different problems.

There's a maximum number of savegames you can have for a given profile in a given storyline. If you've been regularly copying files from the storyline folder into your archive and then deleting them, the archive will probably have too many files for you to copy the whole lot. 148 is definitely far too many. Copy back the most recent 10 or 20, perhaps.

:yes

I think the maximum number of savegames that the game will accept in Save folder is 40. ( not absolutely certain on this ).

So only copy back from the archive the Saves you need - ;) Not the whole folder

:drunk

Back