• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Scale

Cap'n Kennit

Landlubber
is there any way to make the crew look less like giants. My boat is supposed to have 50 odd crew, but i doubt ten of them could fit belowdecks ;)

Fred Bob has noticed a least two comments 'bout de `low-resolution` crew members a walkin' de decks.! First o' all a little history... dese guys be added in de Mod Build some time ago due tew de werk o' one Keemo. Thar might a used tew be a way tew turn dem off. Nathan, kin you please post a solution on `how-to` turn off de low res crew? Fred Bob seems tew 'member dat dis be purty easy but don't recall how! Mebbe it was onct published as a POTC file and it could be werked backwards, so tew speak! ;)

In the PROGRAMSea_AI directory open up the AICameras.c file.

Find the two lines PeopleOnShip.IsOnDeck = 0; and change them both to PeopleOnShip.IsOnDeck = 1;

This removes the `low-res` characters from the deck in both sea views. It did work with Build V10 and should be OK with V11, but I can't be 100% sure as I've not got round to changing it myself yet.
;)

;) Cap'n Kennit, and welcome aboard! Pull up a keg, have a seat, and have a couple on us! xD: :p:

The crew on your ship DO look a bit more "to scale" if you have a bigger ship. :(

Heh, was answering this in another thread and Sirus_Darke (once again) beat me to it.
:shock:: Sirus_Darke! xD:

Hmm, when we get to it, wouldn't be bad to make a toggle for that, or even a menu choice.

i want them there, they're a great addition to the atmosphere, i just want them about two foot shorter (and as much narrower to match, of course :yes !) so they look more 'the part' (and if anyone knows how to get my head down a little too, that wouls rule!)

LOL you dont want them to be like some kind of MEGAMIDGETS??... about 6 feet tall and 3 feet wide?? :yes

I found the crew on deck annoying at first, but now I love it, Makes the ship feel alive! :cheers

Not like a ghost ship anymore. :) Would be nice if they were a bit better quality, but while on deck I'm not paying attention to them anyways, heheh :)

yep... kind of brings us back to the good old ghost ship days when they start climbing the open air

<!--`QuoteBegin-Admiral8Q`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Admiral8Q)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I found the crew on deck annoying at first, but now I love it, Makes the ship feel alive!  :cheers  

Not like a ghost ship anymore.  :yes  Would be nice if they were a bit better quality, but while on deck I'm not paying attention to them anyways, heheh  :blah:[/quote]

my point exactly, they are a great part of the atmosphere, and they don't even need to be any better quality, but they really could do with being ...
shorter :blah:

[edit] they seem to have got it right in 'swashbucklers', from the screenies i've seen

Back