• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Screen fade to black when selling own ship

Mirsaneli

Privateer
Storm Modder
This bug triggers in Maelstrom, so I wanted to check if same thing happens with 2.0 engine, and it does. To put it simple, I tested it this way:
enable cheats
choose free play mode
choose Cuttler Beckett
sail to Barbados (from Speightstown)
go to tavern, hire any officer
go to shipyard, add 100.000 gold with cheats
buy any ship to hired officer
sell own ship
press enter and go to your officer's ship deck
from that moment, when you want to go to shore, the screen will freeze and fade to black. Errors in the log.

Attachments

• error.log
    2.7 KB · Views: 48
Confirmed. The screen turns black when you try to exit from your companion's ship using fast travel if you don't have a ship of your own. And fast travel is your only option too when you're trying to get off your companion's ship because the exits are non-existent when you don't have a ship of your own.

I guess one solution is for someone to code the game where it prevents the player from teleporting to Companion's ship's deck when the player doesn't have a ship of his/her own. I don't know where to start with that but @Grey Roger might have an idea. :p

My first reaction to something like this (you know "if you press x,y and shift K whilst standing on your head....) is usually "why would you?" but I guess there could be a plot line where it could be a tactic

As such this seems related to a similar bug

Escape from Port au Prince and further down that thread

ie
The bug arises because there is no PChar.location.from_sea attribute (well actually it is set to "" in shipyard.c when you relinquish your ship).

Thus putting

pchar.location.from_sea = pchar.location.old_from_sea;

in console (and pressing F12 before trying to leave the ship), allows the return to port to proceed normally (in my case anyway) - so where to put the reset or maybe don't wipe the value on relinquishing your ship.

However it is part of the wider problem of visiting companion ships in general. When I last looked at it a couple of years ago I got a little way towards resolving it (as I recall) but lost what I had done and also drifted away from modding at that time. Another instance may get me to have another look - unless someone else wants to pick it up (@Mirsaneli ?) - no guarantees I will though

Back