• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

Thanks, @QARownsBP! :cheers I'll try adding that into my own game. If I can get it to work, it goes into the update, and you'll be credited for it.

Last edited:
One final edit, I attempted to un-cursify the bow/jaw:

EDIT: Did a bit more experimenting after this post and used the ornaments from under the cabin of the lovely Wicked Wench model. I think I'll leave it at this point.

Attachments

• Screenshot (58).png
    Screenshot (58).png
    3.4 MB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot (59).png
    Screenshot (59).png
    4.1 MB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Have you re-uploaded the new files in one of your previous posts? If not, could you upload the files with these improvements?

I've already put your files into my game and changed the entry in "Ships_init.c" to match the new model, and it works - thanks! :cheers The interface picture is not sharp enough to show the differences so it will not need to be changed.

Have you re-uploaded the new files in one of your previous posts? If not, could you upload the files with these improvements?

I've already put your files into my game and changed the entry in "Ships_init.c" to match the new model, and it works - thanks! :cheers The interface picture is not sharp enough to show the differences so it will not need to be changed.
Here's the new files:

Attachments

• LatestUncursedDutchman.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 39
Thanks again, @QARownsBP! :cheers

Here's my version of "Ships_init.c" with most of the data for "FlyingDutchman" copied from "CursedDutchman" as this is basically the same ship model with a new texture. Both ships are now properly credited in the comments. And the 'refShip.Model = "Dutchman"' lines are reactivated for both ships. Originally you could take either ship into a shipyard and repaint it into the other, but the lines had to be commented out when the improved "CursedDutchman" was added as it had different stats. As the stats are no longer different, you can once more add or remove the curse effects in a shipyard. (Provided you can get to a shipyard, that is - Davy Jones is stuck with the curse!)

Attachments

• Ships_init.c
    944 KB · Views: 40
After the next update, when you go to rescue your crew at the beginning of "Ardent", this is where you'll be doing it:
mine_entrance.jpg

That's just the tip of the proverbial icebergs, although icebergs normally stick up, whereas this one goes down:
mine_overview.jpg

There's a valley leading out of the area in the opposite direction:
mine_valley.jpg

"Ardent" won't be using that, but if anyone else wants to use the location, there's already a "reload" locator ready to be linked to somewhere else.

After the next update, when you go to rescue your crew at the beginning of "Ardent", this is where you'll be doing it:
View attachment 43706

That's just the tip of the proverbial icebergs, although icebergs normally stick up, whereas this one goes down:
View attachment 43707

There's a valley leading out of the area in the opposite direction:
View attachment 43708

"Ardent" won't be using that, but if anyone else wants to use the location, there's already a "reload" locator ready to be linked to somewhere else.
Oh, this is a location from Caribbean Legend! There are still many new locations and taverns, some similar ones could be updated.

Oh, this is a location from Caribbean Legend! There are still many new locations and taverns, some similar ones could be updated.
Actually its from "Damned Destiny", though maybe that got it in turn from "Caribbean Legend". It needed a bit of work for lighting, locators and one missing texture file for some ropes, but now it's fully operational.

Actually its from "Damned Destiny", though maybe that got it in turn from "Caribbean Legend".
More likely the other way around.
Caribbean Legend isn't released yet.
Damned Destiny was from... I dunno.
But must be years back.

Back