• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

SD: TEHO vs AoP: COAS

AlphaLion

Landlubber
Just want to know your opinion on wich one is better.

i'm not trying to spark conflict between fans of both games so let's keep this civil.

I don't play the story lines, only the sandbox. I played both TEHO and COAS in sandbox, and for the base game, not modded, the sandbox is much better in TEHO. There is simply more to do. I finally gave up on COAS after realizing that there was little need to talk to anyone in town. TEHO is much richer in this area including many more "sandbox" quests. I found TEHO to be somewhat more polished.

I can't speak for the various COAS mods as I much preferred the stock game. I also can't address the story lines as I never played them. TEHO story lines tend to be considerably more hardcore than those in COAS according to other players, but have more depth.

There is no reason not to play both games and decide for yourself.

Hook

I played both games in vanilla version a lot of times through the whole story line and think that each of them has it´s own charm. SD:TEHO has a bit more quests to play, a bit better graphics and is a bit more modern in my opinion but that doesn´t mean that CoAS isn´t good enough. They are quite different except the surroundings.

Back