• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sea Hawk quest bug

JadenTrent

Powder Monkey
I'm at the point right after visiting the library on puerto rico where I am to "Find Danielle" (much rather those clay boards) on Barbados.
I read about that quest in the walktrough because I was confused about what to do at first.
So I know I am to talk to Bridgetown's innkeeper (which works fine)
Then to visit the canyon, where those weak dorks try to kill me (still works)
Then to talk to the officer of the mine in one of those houses in front of the mine entrance. (did i miss something here?)
=> problem: the house is locked.
I know what house to go to, I looked it up on a youtube let's play of the vanilla version. I also went into the mine, wondering if having one of those "Dont waste your breath, go to work" - "Oh, ok, I better do that" sort of conversations might have a triggering funktion that would unlock the house. Didnt work.

So, is there something I am missing here? Or is it just an unfixable bug ?:p

I have NOT installed the most recent update, due to gamesave loss.
want to finish the tales of a sea hawk before doing so^^

Just to be clear which house we're talking about: as you enter the stockade, it's the one on the left near the fence.

You don't need to go into the mine until after you've been in the house and talked to the mine commandant.

Is it day or night when you do this? The house may be locked at night. Also, are you sure you killed all the attackers, or did one perhaps lose his weapon and run away?

If you're having the problem during the day, perhaps reload an earlier saved game from before you got to Barbados and try again. The walkthrough also says you can sail to the lighthouse and approach the mine from the other side without facing the attackers.

Which version are you playing? It has to be some variant of Build 14 because you refer to Barbados and Bridgetown rather than Oxbay and Greenford. I've been in the same position as you, playing Build 14 Beta 3 while most folks here were playing Build 14 Beta 3.1 because I was part way through "Tales of a Sea Hawk" and didn't want to install a new version until I'd finished doing everything in the storyline. I was certainly able to get into the house in Beta 3.

My version is B14 beta3.1 of the 6 December 2013
i do have the problem during the day, i just checked again, trying it at daytime (6:38; all the stores are open. might it be to early anyway?)
i tried the right house indeed. this is kind of idiot-save, since the other two houses dont even let the interactive symbol show up in the left hand upper corner of the screen^^

i regularly have to wipe my saves, since i autosave a lot, so there won't be any savegames that will be useful. after realizing the main quest would not work, i returned to do other stuff. probably not the wisest thing to do ._.

That part of the story can be buggy, although it is much better than it used to be.

For me, I always get captured by those 3 at the gate and then go directly to the mine and talk to Laborio Drago. If you kill them do you also kill the other 2 on the far side of the mine gate?

Save often as the dialogs often get confused and it sometimes takes several tries to get through this part.

at my version the canyon is infested with (story irrelevant) thugs; i have to kill easily 8 or 9 people before reaching the gate of the stockade with the houses in it. (i'm lvl 54, haven't cared about the main story a lot so far.^^)
at which point i always complete the job by also killing the other two on the far side, yes ;D
tell me please, how is it possible to get captured by them?
i've heard about that, but in the dialogue with the thugs i have no choices on what to say to them, always letting me end up fighting with them.

Oh, I had forgotten about them. It has been a while since I played that storyline. :oops:

Getting captured is somehow related to the level or difficulty, and it was a shock when it first happened to me.

So, the door to the Commandant's house is locked and no one in the mine will talk to you? That has happened to me and I always just reloaded from my last save and kept trying until it worked. Do you have a save from just before you walk through the gate?

yes. a savegame of when i just arrived at the city and had not talked to the innkeeper yet.
i can try it a couple of times more i guess..

so i tried many variations now; nothing worked.
really clueless right now.
should i just screw it and update my game?

Back