• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sea Legends

konradk

Privateer
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
Sea Legends is to be a new game about captain/corsair/pirate/whatever of the sailing ship seems to be created by company Game Labs. It's said, that first playable demo would become available in 2020.

Initially it would be a single player game, but creators are considering adding some idiotic multiplayer later. The theater of the actions wouldn't be Caribbean, but the coast of the Western and Southern Europe instead: Northern Sea and Mediterranean Sea.

The project's web page: Sea Legends

Looks interesting!

I've no objection to multi-player, though like you I prefer single player. They seem to be concentrating on the single player first, then adding multi-player later. This is good as far as I'm concerned.

But if it's supposed to be 18th century then someone needs to talk to them about flags. A couple of pictures show British ships with flags based on the modern Union flag, including the red saltire of St. Patrick, and the home page shows what looks to be a French ship with a tricolour. The red saltire was not included on the British flags until 1800, the tricolour was not used by France before the revolution, and in any case the tricolour is the wrong way round because the red should be at the trailing edge. xD

That's the same studio that did Naval Action, right?

I like the idea of a different location than the Caribbean.

Interesting. As I've said many times, I welcome a change of airs for the genre, sailing away from the Caribbean.

I don't have high hopes of seeing this game any time soon. How many years was Naval Action in development?

Back