• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

serious problem with new build

Due to the new "populated ports" I can't get anywhere. I have to fight off like 5 pirates just to leave an island, it takes like 10 minutes just to get out of redmond... you would think that pirates wouldn't be hanging around English ports. Is there anything I can do about this?

in the 'Pirates of the CaribbeanPROGRAM' directory, open the file BuildSettings.h.

look for the line:
// Coastraiders & Coasttraders mod

the settings under that line can change the chance of encountering pirates, or reduce the number, or even turn the mod off.

mmkay? :cheers

but my question is, if i turn this COMPLETELY OFF, will it take EVERY SHIP away from harbor? or would it allow friendly ships, but no pirates will be roaming? i prefer that i can remove most of pirates, but leave all the other ships, makin it realistic. :cheers

you can just turn off coast raiders if you want to i think. heres the code

#define COASTRAIDER_CHANCE 60 //Chance in percent that a coastal ship is a pirate and not a local merchant. Set to 0 to DISABLE the Coastraider mod.

in buildsettings.h

thankx mate...very helpful! have a cookie! dont worry, its not one of thos "mutated" ones that yew threatened me with in the "Dont Worry, Be Happy" post...HAHAHAHAH :cheers xD:

Back