• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Ship board view (1st person) is at bottom of sea

Symban

Powder Monkey
I just captured a Colonial Frigate (42x 28lbs cannons, 15knots speed, 45 manuever) slim long ship with nice sails, and was really excited because I dont like relatively bulky bigger ships with 2nd or 3rd rank.

But it broke my heart to see that the board view (TAB) as 1st person is not on the board of the ship; but it is from the bottom of sea. I can use zooming glass to view other ships (actually their bottoms) when I look above around my ship's bottom(right above me). As you can imagine I can not manually aim and fire at all.

Is there a fix I can apply to solve that?

-------------------------------------------
I also want to notify some other bugs I have encountered so that it may help modders with next releases;

-Flying Dutchman in Bounty Hunter Fleet: I encountered that ship with a Spanish Bounty Hunter captain. I avoided it not to spoil game by capturing it out of questline.

-Kidnapped Bride: I found the pirate who kidnapped a bride, boarded it and fought on the board against enemy crew.
After that I clicked to proceed to Cabin fight. (normally at this point I should defeat captain, then bride would approach me). But it skipped cabin fight and brought me to the ship capture menu directly. And regardless of what i choose to do with boarded ship (swap and take for myself / set a captain) mission failed saying she died with captain. (loaded many times from the town save with different flags, but all ended the same).

A known bug and not that easy to fix. Guess the modeller must do this. Until then this ship is not useable to the player a pity since its a beauty.

Back