• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship Editing

Sirten Deth

Landlubber
Hello All.. I have a Q. that has , I bet, been asked a hundred times but am unable to find it.
I am playing version 13.3. Is there an easy way to edit an in game ship ? I have tryed to edit inside the Program\Ships folder but I am still unable to find any I have edited in any shipyard. I even added the line " refship.CanBuy = true " in the ones that didnt have it. I have edited the files (options) to allow me to buy any ship at the SY. I would like to make a corvette that drives like a Corvette. Fast (about 19 knots or so) and nimble (turn rate about 50 -52). I have edited more than half of the corvettes in both Program\Ships & Program.new\Ships folders. There are lots of corvettes available, but none of the ones I have edited. Is there something I am missing or is this the wrong way to do this ? The other folders in the main directory I can not get to open in any form (notepad, wordpad etc) that I can read.

PS Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this topic. I could find no reference to this subject even with an 'advanced' search..

Thank You ... screen name 'Sirten Deth' game name 'Sinkem Awl'

When you did the edit did you start a new game ;) (or reinit)

Changes to some files require a new game to be started for them to take affect and ships_init.c is one of those files ;)

When you did the edit did you start a new game
wink.gif
(or reinit)

Changes to some files require a new game to be started for them to take affect and ships_init.c is one of those files
wink.gif

Thank You very much for your prompt intel. I will try this and see what happens.

Sinkem Awl

Also, the code "refship.CanBuy = true" is default, so even if a ship doesn't have that code, it still shows up as being buyable.

Reinit is the F11 button, if you were wondering.
It's required for your changes to take effect if you don't start a new game.

Thanks a lot fellow sailors for all your input.
I may get some of this figured out yet with all the fine help on this site.
Sorry it took so long to get back but I was busy playing as starting a new game did the trick.
It not only init. my edits, it also made other changes such as the available cannons.
I cheated myself enough starting money to begin with a new ship when I got to the first SY.
A new super sloop, bermsloop_263, I beleive.
VERY nice !!!

:doff OK enuf playing around... I think I will go play around. TY.

Sinkem Awl

hi.gif
Less color Pieter.....? Thats what I ment by 'playing around' and 'figured out'. Sorry if it was too bright for your eyes. I was just 'playing around'. LOL.

duel_pa.gif
Sinkem Awl
par-ty.gif

Back