• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship of the Day

Yep, they do have a new boat:

This one

Today's ship of the day topic - efficiency. Efficiency is in everyone's best interests, not just commercial operators who want to save running costs. This article talks about retrofitting both new and commercial off the shelf designs into current and future Navy warships to increase fuel efficiency, giving greater operating range, lower running costs and increased capability in some cases.

I admit I thought of the gallows as my preliminary response (Which I refrained from posting).

But you can't stop hormones, can you? Even in a ship discussion thread?

Gallows? :? Am I really such a horrible person.. damnit I didn't knew you had problems that horrible. :? Sorry okay?

Please can this conversation be STOPPED now

Deepy has already be told by an admin to not say stuff like that and that is where we want it to end, otherwise it can get out of hand and might result in warnings/bannings which we dont want

Oh I did mention that in jest :)

Besides we cause much more mayhem with our piratical fantasies after all!

Yep sure thing SWS its just that Deepy has been banned before so he is on a very short leash this time :yes

Please don't ban me I've been through some bad things lately and banning me would only worsen my condition. :?

Im not going to ban you, if you read what I have said I just told you guys to leave this be as it could lead further on so lets just leave it be, ok

Deepy owes me an interesting ship. It can be anything, so long as its interesting and can be talked about. That's what forums are for no :)

There, we're back on track :)

Okay we might as well close the thread permanently as people can't get the idea of what a civilised discussion is.

Let's get this conversation back on topic.

This is the USS Constellation, a sloop of war. She is currently on display in Baltimore Harbor.

The last time I was on her, I had the distinct honor of being acting midshipman, and giving the orders to tack the mizzen yard. It was awesome.

-Fair and by.

USSConstellation-BaltimoreMaryland.jpg

This is the USS Ronald Reagan. I challenge anyone to tell me of any ship on the seven seas of this planet that is more feared than her.

-Fair and by.

uss_ronald_reagan.jpg

That sloop of war is absolutely lovely.

Some background info here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Constellation_%281854%29

Her small size wasn't a weakness - she was armed with shell firing cannons (likely French Paixhan type or similar) which easily devastate wooden ships.

When I get back home, I'll find the brochure I have on her and scan it.

Her quarters are very cramped. I'm a good 6'2" and have to nearly crawl through her below-decks.

I know she is not a pirate ship, but just a wee bit more about the Reagan (CVN-76):

She is a nuclear-powered super-carrier. She has two nuclear reactors producing 10kW each. She is 100,000 tons. Her waterline is over 1000 ft. She has a 250 ft. beam and her four screws can push her to over 30 knots.
I have personally worked on her radar systems. They are jaw-dropping.

She has a crew of over 3500. She can carry over 100 aircraft, most of which are F/A-18 Super Hornets.

Her battle group consists (mainly) of:
USS Chancellorsville (CG-62) - Guided Missile Cruiser
USS Gridley (DDG-101) Arleigh Burke Destroyer
USS Decatur (DDG-73) Aegis Combat Cruiser
USS Howard (DDG-83) Aegis Combat Cruiser
USS Thatch (FFG-43) Guided Missile Frigate
Several LA class attack submarines that it would be illegal for me to identify.

Why would anyone be stupid enough to want this battle group off their shore?

These boats could single-handedly win any war with most of the countries on this planet.

Back