• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship PDF - up-to-date?

Mere_Mortal

Free Like a Radical
Storm Modder
I’ve been glancing through the ship list and I’ve noticed stuff like this...

HMS Sophie - 18-gun Brig

The document states 12lb armament, but in Ships_init.c it is defined as 9lb and comes with 24lb carronade.

Wikipedia says it had 32lb carronade, but the game has balance requirements so I understand it being different.

Is this intentional or is the PDF woefully out-of-date?

Is this intentional or is the PDF woefully out-of-date?

Since it is dated 1st August 2011 - it is out of date and only there for general information to show the number and types of ship available in the game.

But it is the most recent list outside of the Game files that there is. I think.:checklist

:read

I see, I just wasn’t sure how the date of the document compared to the ships in-game. I guess things would have changed a lot over 5 years.

Indeed it is very much out of date, but can still be useful as a general overview.
We don't have the original source file so cannot really update it either.

I always figure if people really want the fully correct data, check the code itself.
Any other list is always going to be outdated in no time.

Really? Editable Word file or something? I didn't think anyone other than Snow White Sorrow had that! :shock

:no

I think there is some confusion here

I mean the spreadsheet that created the PDF that is the link in the 1st Post -- Oberleutnant's Ship Mod :yes

:read

My mistake. Thought we were talking about the "New Horizons Ship Recognition Guide.pdf" file, but indeed we're not. Oops. :facepalm

Except it wants me to log-in. I dunno why but it always takes me half-hour to get into my old Hotmail. :(

Ah, sorry. I'm never sure when these OneDrive links require you to sign in or not. :facepalm
I'll attach the files here instead.

Attachments

• ShipSpreadsheets2013.zip
    79.1 KB · Views: 114
Back