• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship scaling?

De_Kaiser

Landlubber
Hey everybody! I am playin POTC New Horzions for about 4 weeks and it's great. But i wonder, if it's possible to change the size of the ships in the game. For me personally, I think that the Black Pearl is very big or the Pinnace of War a little bit small...I know you made a lot of work for sizing the ships correct, but if i would like to scale it in the game how to do that? Do I need a special editor or can I rescale in any of the text files?

Ahoy and welcome! :)

Rescaling ships is not so trivial, I'm afraid. You would need to import the model into Maya 5.0, scale it as necessary, and then export it back to the game's GM format.
Then, you'd also have to adjust all the model's locator coordinates, which can also be very time consuming.
The crew walk file would also need to be redone, otherwise the crew walking around on deck would not match the newly scaled deck.
Because of all this, we only tend to rescale a ship if it is absolutely necessary.

all ships are too small, ever looked at those docked ship windows when you landed on a dock?
Yeah they are smaller than your body...

Other than that, I wouldn't rescale these ships, as their texture will get ugly otherwise. Have you ever looked closely at ship wood textures? They're very pixelated.

There are two options: Texture datas might be somewhat at 800x600...perhaps you can change them..if not, then I'd say to get over it and for the ship sizes as well.

Back