• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

`Ship-Wreck`'s

Jopieseethoek

Master Mariner
Storm Modder
hi all, :p3

yeah, I was thinin' of adding shipwreck's around the island on the seafloor... cuz saling around now when you cannot see anything special.. is kinda boring :will .. my question is.. is this possible? to add shipwreck's? would be very cool and also some wooden planks on the seafloor, you know.. stuff like that to give you more the impression that somethin' is extually livin' around the islands :D

bye xD:

I'm sure you can retexture the ocean floor, yes. I got to thinking about doing it myself - but your idea sounds great, go for it! :will xD:

YES!! :cheeky :cheeky :cheeky cat, please do so!.. really great if you want to do this.. a big kiss :D: xD: no really, g r e a t ! xD:

but what you mean wid retexturing. I ment also like a 3d model of a wreck... like the one on douwesen.. to put that on the oceanfloor by the island... I you only retexturing the seafloor.. I think you'll only see a flat image.. :| but still better as it is today :will you know what I mean? :D

bye :p3 :p3

Ah... 3D modeling is beyond me at the moment, and since we the general public do NOT know how to put 3D models into the game, it's a moot point. You'd have to approach the PMT on that. That's not my business anymore.

I'd just retexture, yes, and there are ways to make things look 3D even if they're not... And some of that reef looks to be modeled - retexturing it to give it more definition would be a nice touch.

<!--`QuoteBegin-Rico`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rico)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->or get peices of ships float around, wit treasure chests on them :p3  
OR
get quests from bottles, when ye have to save some shipwrecked guy. that'd be fun, with the new islands xD:[/quote]I love these ideas! HA!

With POTBS you can (or will be able to) sail about and pick up not only cargo from ships you have blasted with a broadside, but MEN TOO. It's an interesting thought - have a dory or a whaleboat from a sunken ship, full of men, generate when you sink a ship... Heh...

There are so many things to do (or wish for) and so little time! :will

would be nice with wrecks in 3d, and if possible....
then set them with damage points for hitting then ......
nicer could it be with those ships get sunk in the game ..... that the wrecks could stay where it got sunk ..... and with that option to get damage for sailing over it ....
If I could I would make it possible to send a diver down to rescue tresures, but only at low deept
:will

I've never had time to code it, but it's certainly doable to make crew spawn as loman models in the water like goods, and to "run them over" to take them aboard.

LOL, I saw this at E3, I think it was with POTBS... But it could work the same way - you could SINK a ship but not board it due to lack of men - and pick up some extra crew! Handy, very handy... :woot :woot

Back