• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

ships are not sold at the shipyard

TIM1980

Landlubber
Hello, I am writing through a translator. I admit I changed the game files a little... because I wanted to ensure that if I serve the state and am not a military officer, I would still have soldiers on deck, in cabins and during boarding, and not ordinary sailors. Also, if you go under your own flag, you will have personal soldiers. I also changed textures for soldiers and officers of Spain, England and Holland for the pirate era, and gave models of soldiers from the Napoleonic era to the French. Changed the flags for France, Holland, England and Spain, both for forts, ships and icons in the relationship interface. I will attach the code files in which I made the changes, the fragments I touched will be enclosed between the comments //TIM. The bottom line is that maybe I messed up something, but after the changes and testing of my changes, I didn't go into the shipyards... and when I achieved the desired results, I started a new game... While playing, I noticed that in all shipyards, ships for sale were missing... shipyards do not sell ships, I can sell, when I sell, for example, a galleon, a Latin caravel appears in the shipyard, if I sell, when I sold a brigantine, then a combat tartan appeared. Also earlier in the root folder after exiting the game, there was no error.log file... now it appears in those cases when I visit the shipyard during the game, or save game at sea. The errors that are listed there direct me to files that I have not modified... and for example, an error in shipyard.c in the interface folder says "the attribute reference function returns the value of the object". I'm not good at coding, I studied programming 20 years ago. If anyone can figure out what I made a mistake and point it out to me, I will be grateful. I think the game somehow incorrectly handles the list of ships that should be put up for sale. I attach the files that I modified, as well as screenshots of the game version, and the shipyard interface... in the additional settings of the game, I used both versions of the shipyards... it's the same everywhere. Once again, I apologize if I wrote something incomprehensible, because I write through a translator.

Attachments

• game_menu.jpg
    game_menu.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 62
  • shipyards.jpg
    shipyards.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 57
  • compile.log
    6.8 KB · Views: 59
  • error.log
    1 KB · Views: 55
  • Periods.c
    47.1 KB · Views: 58
  • nations.c
    63.9 KB · Views: 47
  • LEnc_monsters.c
    71.8 KB · Views: 50
  • initItems.c
    326.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
here is a screenshot of the functions to which error.log sends from the shipyard.c file "aref GetScrollShipAttr(int scrollIdx)"

Attachments

• shipyard.jpg
    shipyard.jpg
    706 KB · Views: 65
"compile.log" says you are using version 14.937. That version is obsolete. You can find the links to the current version here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Gamma Version [Last update: 21st July 2022]

"error.log" shows a problem on line 2490 of "shipyard.c". The new version has several changes, including that line. Also, would I be correct in believing that you are working on a Russian translation? If so, you really want the newer version as there is already a translation in progress.

"compile.log" says you are using version 14.937. That version is obsolete. You can find the links to the current version here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Gamma Version [Last update: 21st July 2022]

"error.log" shows a problem on line 2490 of "shipyard.c". The new version has several changes, including that line. Also, would I be correct in believing that you are working on a Russian translation? If so, you really want the newer version as there is already a translation in progress.
I am not updating to the latest version, because I am waiting for a Russian translation. The problem was solved because I used the vanilla version of shipyards in the settings... I changed this setting, and a few days later ships appeared in the shipyards. Thanks for the reply.

Back