• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Shipyard Exploit: Repeated Upgrades

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Originally reported in Buggy Mess:
When you sell a ship which has upgrades, the upgrades are lost but the upgraded stats remain. You can then buy the ship again; apply the upgrades again to get the stats further improved; sell it again; buy it again; upgrade it again; repeat until the ship is as maxed out as you like, you're broke, or you're bored.

In my case it was the last condition. Money is not an issue, I've got 60 million gold. So I started with a captured frigate whose Turn rating was 78, sold it, bought it, bought the "Long Masts", "Cotton Sails" and "Stays" upgrades, sold it, bought it, bought the upgrades, and repeated this several times. There's only a small increase to the speed and turn stats with each cycle, but they mounted up and I eventually quit when Turn was up to 85. I can't remember what Speed was but it had certainly gone up.

- I sold a Pinnace with many goods in the cargo, and bought a Merchant Pinnace. When I wanted to buy the Pinnace again, I saw that the sell price of the Merchant Pinnace was higher than its buy price, because the goods of the Pinnace were transfered in the Merchant Pinnace instead of being sold with the ship. So I can sell my Merchant Pinnace again, buy the Pinnace, and gain money infinitely.

Could someone confirm if this is solved in 3.5 already?
This might be an issue with just this one ship need to look into it later when I have time.

Added another post (first post) which is also about the shipyard

Added another post (first post) which is also about the shipyard
I thought there was already a Bug Tracker entry for that one, but I can't seem to find it now.
That one is indeed Confirmed. :yes

Put in:
PROGRAM\INTERFACE

This should fix the problem. While I was at it if you sell a ship with upgrades this will be remembered and you will still see them and if you buy the ship again it still has the upgrades.
Also made the buy price a bit dependable on the commerce skill and the sell price also.

Attachments

• shipyard.c
    168.6 KB · Views: 82
Back