• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Shipyard inaccessible

CaptainVane

Landlubber
Hello,
In my current playthrough as Naval Officer Michiel de Ruyter I'm having problems accessing the every shipyard. When talking to them they tell me that their dock beside the fort is available for me, even if that particular town does not have a fort. I also tried going to Vanderdecken, also he will not let me access his shipyard anymore. If I select 'My ship is in need of repair' the game just won't do anything. I can only repair my ship in Antigua Naval Base (which I conquered for the Dutch) Does anybody know what this problem is or am I doing something wrong? It used to work for like 50 levels :p

Also on an another subject, is there a way to edit the random encounters on the world map? I tried doing something to encounters.h i think, but that just did not work at all. Because i cannot buy ships I'm looking for a Tier 1 ship, encountered 2 of them in a battle fleet or a convoy, twice the game crashed during the battle... All I'm encountering is large or small patrols mostly, I already have the setting to take level into consideration before a battle enabled.
Is there also a way to disable the game from going slower if you go x3 or x5 on speed and then go into battle?

Thanks alot in advance :D

Your shipyard problem doesn't sound familiar.
Please try again and post the log files from your main game folder when the interface fails to open.

The worldmap encounters are in program\encounters\encounters_init.c and can be edited there.
F11 needed after you make the change, I think.
There are already encounters with big ships in there though, but they're fairly rare.

When you get promoted, you should automatically get the ships you want though.
Our just use console to do it instantly.
Much simpler.

I don't remember the game slowing down when you enter battle.
Pretty sure I can still use 20x speed in sea battles too.
Land fights are a different story though.

Back