• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Shotgun Easter Egg?

Clint Eastwood: Shotgun or Brace of Horse Pistols?

• I play Realistic game Mode and DO want him to have a Shotgun

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uhm.... I don't really care either way

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In the Jack Sparrow story ( Brock-Brinckley storyline ) you will meet Clint Eastwood if you choose to help Miss Shaypen. :yes

After you have talked to him for the last time outside his house - exit the location - then go back and kill him ( he does not appear in the story again so this is ok ).

Clint Eastwood is equipped with a Shotgun. Which you should be able to get when you loot his body. ( It is a unique weapon - only Eastwood should have it in the game)

:cheers

Eastwood is there in all storylines. He's only used for story purposes in the Jack Sparrow one though.

You should be able to kill him and get his shotgun in all storylines too. But we did deliberately make him reeeaaal strong. :p

At the moment the Brave Black Flag storyline overrides Clint Eastwood to no longer have an unrealistic shotgun, but a Brace of 4 Horse Pistols instead.
This is the code responsible now:
Code:
  // Clint Eastwood does not have a Shotgun
   ch = CharacterFromID("Clint Eastwood");
   DeleteAttribute(ch, "items");
   GiveItem2Character(ch, "bladeX4"); // Fists
   ch.equip.blade = "bladeX4";
   GiveItem2Character(ch, "pistol25"); // Brace of 4 Horse Pistols
   ch.equip.gun = "pistol25";
   //JRH ammo mod -->
   if (ENABLE_AMMOMOD) {   // LDH change
     TakenItems(ch, "gunpowder", 6);
     TakenItems(ch, "pistolbullets", 6);
   }
Of course Brave Black Flag will be merged with the other Free Play storylines very soon, which means that code may end up being removed.

So that is why I would like you, the players, to let me know whether you like the Shotgun being there or if you would prefer the more realistic Horse Pistols.
Perhaps we can have this be dependent on the Realism Mode, where on Arcade Game Mode he'll have a Shotgun but not on Realistic/Iron Man.

This would mean the Shotgun is ONLY available in Arcade Game Mode.
Is there anyone who plays Realistic/Iron Man but would miss the Shotgun being there?

And while we're at it, should we make the appearance of the Long Rifle be realism-mode dependent too?
@Jack Rackham and/or @Bartolomeu o Portugues, any thoughts there?

The four horse pistols also appear in "Nelson's First Command", at least in Realistic mode.

And here's a vote for keeping it that way. :)

The four horse pistols also appear in "Nelson's First Command", at least in Realistic mode.
At the moment it is not realism-dependent. It is like that in Brave Black Flag AND in Nelson.
In my own code files it is only in Brave Black Flag, because I'm tweaking all sorts of things.

And here's a vote for keeping it that way. :)
My thinking is to link it to Realism Mode though. So I'd mainly like to know who plays Arcade and does NOT want it and who plays Realistic and DOES want it.
Sounds like you would be OK with my proposed change. :cheeky

Which Long Rifle? The Maltese Abbey one or the Bartolomeu one? For the Bartolomeu Long Rifle I want it always in my Storyline. For the Maltese Abbey one, I don't have any opinion...
The Maltese Knight Abbey one. Of course your special one is unique and should remain that way.

My choice is:
I play Realistic game Mode and do NOT want him to have a Shotgun

because I want the arcade game mode with some exclusive features to motivate people like me to try a bit this mode:)

My thinking is to link it to Realism Mode though. So I'd mainly like to know who plays Arcade and does NOT want it and who plays Realistic and DOES want it.
Sounds like you would be OK with my proposed change. :cheeky
Indeed. And the figurative vote cast above is now a genuine vote in your poll. :)

The rifle, minus telescopic sight, could feature in the Napoleonic era. Richard Sharpe is very clear on what sort of weapon he and his men use:
We don't use muskets. We use rifles. My men are all crack shots, we call them Chosen Men. They never miss.

My choice is:
I play Realistic game Mode and do NOT want him to have a Shotgun

because I want the arcade game mode with some exclusive features to motivate people like me to try a bit this mode:)
LOL! That's a nice reverse logic! :rofl

The rifle, minus telescopic sight, could feature in the Napoleonic era. Richard Sharpe is very clear on what sort of weapon he and his men use:
I wonder if that would work with a simple item replace for those guys....

Back