• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sid Meier's Pirates Coming Soon to Wii

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
[imgleft]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_cQOyQjTP3GY/SzdzfR0MeaI/AAAAAAAAAIo/uiOlYVxipE8/sm-pirates.gif[/imgleft]This news kind of surprises me a bit, but five years after it's release Sid Meier's Pirates will be released for the Wii! There will also be a couple of new mini games included, "bombardment", and "lock picking". Unfortunately, there is no news on how the Wii's motion control system will handle ballroom dancing!

Sid Meier's Pirates has dropped anchor at several platforms in the past, including the PC, Xbox, and PSP. Now, it looks to plunder the Wii's massive bounty, as 2K China is hard at work at porting the system to the current king console, in collaboration with Sid Meier and his team at Firaxis Games.

Apart from new motion controls, the Wii version of the game will feature two new minigames, "bombardment", and "lock picking". As an bonus, expect Wii-exclusive ship parts and customization options, as well as new ways to customize the player character.

Now, this is the part where the Wii is mocked for getting a port of a five-year old game, with what will undoubtably be tacked-on motion controls, right? Not this time.

You can read the full story HERE!

Just to let everybody know, I was the first to find this information, unless Thgarr already knew about it.

If you posted it somewhere else on the forum Peter Blood, sorry I missed it mate! :doff

I actually saw the story a couple of weeks ago, but I was never really all that much into ballroom dancing, so I thought I would give another News Gatherer a chance to post it. :wp

I hope maybe for another backstory or something. It would be interesting if there was a fictional archipelago instead of the Caribbean Sea from the last one.

Back