• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Side Quest: Help the Turks Island Settlement Broken?

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
I got this quest in the GT tavern from Pieter Boelen. First indication of problem -- nothing in the quest book. When I went back to the tavern Pieter had disappeared. Second indication guy I am supposed to talk to in Santo Domingo Tavern is not there.

I thought @Jack Rackham tested that one not too long ago?
The quest works fine, but its not the bartender, but the the officer standing next to the bar, you have to talk to.
The tavern at Santiago: there is a flickering going on over all in the rum.

Last edited:
Second indication guy I am supposed to talk to in Santo Domingo Tavern is not there.
Its not at Santa Domingo you have to go, but Santiago. You have to talk to the officer standing next
to the bar, not the bartender.

Its not at Santa Domingo you have to go, but Santiago. You have to talk to the officer standing next
to the bar, not the bartender.

:modding ArRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!

Thank you, but shouldn't it show up in the quest book?

Attachments

• seadogs2_0032.jpg
    seadogs2_0032.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 140
Im playing Jean de La Croix, free play. wich storyline are you playing?

There is something wrong and confusing in the questbook entry.It says
you have to go to La tortue on the coast of Cuba. Thats wrong, it is La
Tortue(Tortuga) on Hispaniola you have to go to.

Attachments

• seadogs2_0043.jpg
    seadogs2_0043.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Ah, that's wrong for sure!
I'm hoping to do some side quest checks soon; once I get to that, I should be able to double check this one too.

If I recall, we changed the town you go to at some point because the original town didn't make logical sense in all periods.
As in Santo Domingo isn't actually always Spanish.

So the main issue is a lack of Questbook entries for @Jason?
May be related to that other quest issue you reported, but I can't check until later.

There is something wrong and confusing in the questbook entry.It says
you have to go to La tortue on the coast of Cuba. Thats wrong, it is La
Tortue(Tortuga) on Hispaniola you have to go to.
Indeed wrong in the code too. Corrected for the next update.

This problem I cannot confirm, I'm afraid. Talked to my namesake in the Turks Tavern and the Questbook updated just fine on accepting the quest:

upload_2015-11-24_23-0-0.png

Still, thanks @Jason for mentioning this! At least we managed to correct the destination both in the questbook entry and also on the Wiki. :onya

Back