• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

SIGGY PROBLEMS

Ben Gunn

Sailor Apprentice
AHOY THAR!

Listen ye deck swabs ye! 'Do any on ye nose de sizes on de pics fur de siggy's? I's tried to get mi banner ans flag thar but I gets this 'error' message every time.???? :ixi :ixi

Ahoy Ben Gunn! Been a long time mate! You will have to get a hold of one one of the Admins or Mods and ask them change your sig for ya. There is a bug in the version of IP Board we are using at the moment, only their control panel will edit the info correctly at the moment. :modding

OK .....so 'Ooo is de guy dar sat on dis 'moderator' seat den ans wilt ye help an old salt 'ere wiv 'is siggy matey????

:yes :b: :b:

I seed dis Thomas De Terror guy 'ere...what say ye 'ere shipmate???? :gday :wp

What do I need to change your sig into?

Thomas I have A banner and a couple of moving flags that usually go in my signature box. The banner is central and I have a waiving flag at each side of the banner.??? Tom, if you look at my avatar, there is a pipe in the mouth of my character there...now there is moving smoke comming from that pipe, but it is not showing up on this site??? It shows up well enough on our LIB site, as do all the moving flags I have made there. I am worried in case the flags don't move either??? :shock :shock

mmm, I never got my .gif animations working with my avatars. I have no idea how to enable this. What about the banners? What went wrong?

mmm, I never got my .gif animations working with my avatars. I have no idea how to enable this. What about the banners? What went wrong?

I just kept getting this error message buddy! :shrug

If'n ye visit our site, http://www.forum.thelib.com/index.php

ye will see what I mean, perhaps if'n ye talk to Gunner or GreyDog they cans give some input as they set the LIB site up for us all :onya

Thomas, you need to enter the links for Ben's sig through your version of the editor, I believe it is little different than regular members. At least I think yours will do it, although it may require an Admin, Pieter had to do that for me a while back when my sig got screwed up. It's a bug in our version of IP Board, Keith hasn't been around lately to apply any updates to the site. Untill we get a patch or a new version of IP Board, no normal user can add sigs without the help of an Admin or Moderator. Not sure about the animation, it may be part of the same bug. Ben, ya need to give Thomas the links ya want to post for your sig.

Thomas, you need to enter the links for Ben's sig through your version of the editor, I believe it is little different than regular members. At least I think yours will do it, although it may require an Admin, Pieter had to do that for me a while back when my sig got screwed up. It's a bug in our version of IP Board, Keith hasn't been around lately to apply any updates to the site. Untill we get a patch or a new version of IP Board, no normal user can add sigs without the help of an Admin or Moderator. Not sure about the animation, it may be part of the same bug. Ben, ya need to give Thomas the links ya want to post for your sig.

I keeps most on mi stuff at de 'ImageShack' is can give ye de urls if'n ye wants? I got dis feeling that mi graphics might be a bit big 'ere..that ain't a problem I can take 'em darn, it be the movment i's be worried about...although the moving flag on Rads banner be moving OK??? :facepalm :facepalm

It would be a lot easier if you just gave us a link to the siggy you want to use so we can just go in add the link and get back out instead of looking for the thing ourselves ;)

Yarrr! Ben ye ol' seadog. yer banner be too big matey. too long me thinks try 160 x 500 should be ok.. yer moving flags if GIF format should be ok, as ye can see me eye in my avatar works fine :cheers

I thought I'd try one of my old banners after reading this, which measures 140x470, but it's still refusing it. :yes Silly IPB. :whipa xD:

:wp
Yarrr! Ben ye ol' seadog. yer banner be too big matey. too long me thinks try 160 x 500 should be ok.. yer moving flags if GIF format should be ok, as ye can see me eye in my avatar works fine :cheers

WOW! The LIB new banner is 507 x 106 the old banner is 540 x 100 (Rad is using his OLD lib banner here). I mad the LIB flags in a couple of sizes to cater for individual shipmates, but at it's smallest the fags are 150 x 114/5. On the LIB site I have a flag either side of my banner, so there is some room taken up here! :eek:k

I would like to adopte a simular formula over here if possible with a moving flag on each side of the banner, but it don't look like there will be enough room here??? :wp :wp

There is not a problem in me reducing the size, provided prespective is OK. I just need to know where I am at here is all??? :facepalm :facepalm

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THERE IS ALL THIS HASSLE PLEASE? I only want to set mi siggy up??? :modding

Your banner size is not the problem mate, the dimensions you are using should be just fine, I have seen bigger on here before. The problem is either with IP Board, or the way Keith has it configured, I am not sure which. I was unable to track the exact problem we are having here at PA on the IP Board bug tracker, there were however many bugs centering around the editor and changing signatures. From what I read, most of those issues have been resolved with the latest update to IP Board 3.0.5, we are using 3.0.2. There are only two people that can resolve this issue and apply the latest patches, Keith and William. I haven't seen Keith since August, and I haven't seen William active for over a year. Until one of them gets some free time to get back and do the updates, we are stuck. The only way to change or add a signature is to have a Moderator or Admin edit that users account info with there Admin Control Panel. Pieter, and Stallion and I went over this a couple of months ago in this section of the forum and we were waiting for Keith to show up, he hasn't yet, so this issue has just been left hanging. One of you Mods should probably make a sticky or an announcement somewhere about it so new members aren't driven crazy trying to get there signatures configured.

Like I said post the link to your signiture and we would do it straight away...

I ended up going to find it myself for you and walla... you would have had a new signiture a lot sooner if you had just posted the link

I also changed your advator so it had the effect that your other forum advator has

The signature plagued other forums as well; not sure if it's fixed there yet.
Anyway, it's clearly an IPB problem. And indeed Keith or William would be the only ones able to fix it.
Until either of the shows up, send your signature change request to a moderator.

Like I said post the link to your signiture and we would do it straight away...

I ended up going to find it myself for you and walla... you would have had a new signiture a lot sooner if you had just posted the link

I also changed your advator so it had the effect that your other forum advator has

Ahoy Thar Cap'n Maggee shipmate! How the heck dids ye find mi link lad?? I is greatfull t'ye 'ear matey, I really is ans ye 'as 'cured' mi 'avay' anorl buddy!!

'Ere 'av a drink on owd Ben frum one on mi famous 'FIRE' brews lad! I is gratful to ye shipmate!
a1bennsbooze120ax4.gif

'Ere be di link to de udder flag that I want's on de 'other side on mi banner if'n ye cans oblige me mi bucko! http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/7500/bensfirstflag2zf4.gif

:onya :onya

Ahoy thar Skull lad! Say did't I make ye a moving flag buddy? Why don't ye fly's it shipmate????? :yes

Back