• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Silent Hunter 5

SH is one of the grandest series of historically-derived games in our time.

Of course, I'm not surprised it's usually the one that gets zero replies :p

Just remember that SH series borrowed a page from Akella

SH4 was published needing a 100+mb patch just to run.

Playability came afterwards.

So experienced players will wait until a year after SH5 hits the market before they even look into it.

Damn.. I really should reinstall Silent Hunter 3.. I have Silent Hunter 4 currently installed in me rig and boy does it suck. I hope Silent Hunter 5 will be better and have those nuclear subs because that would be fun. I'm tired of historic sh*tty subs.

By the way Silent Hunter 3 has more skins for its subs and I like that I can alter the color of the subs with photoshop cs2. you can also get a sweater mod for your crew so to make them look like some simple sea dogs (Take that military!) which IMO is cool.

Rupert could ye remind me some of the mods what to get for SH III? I've forgotten.

Rupert could ye remind me some of the mods what to get for SH III? I've forgotten.
ZOMG there be too many to contemplate

google search on

silent hunter mods

. . .

Fubars Skins (a whole series of reskins)
JSGME (mod manager)
Various ship mods
GW1.1a (previous version of GWX [GWX sucks])
SH3_SP2_Res_fix
WolfiesTweekPak
sfdrvrem_StarFart_Remover
TranspTorpBackgScreen
MilitaryMod-01-06_Merchant_02_03_Juju

:gday

That's a great review. I've been a fan of SH series, had SH2, and SH3 was a fav game for a long time. Although SH5 has so much potential, I'm extremely dissappointed with the state in which it was released...ridiculous amount of bugs, poor interface and although there are some great progressions in immersion, there's also a lot a back ward steps too...almost like they tweaked the good things they had going with SH3 just for the sake of it.

Anyway...I'm shelving it for a while until it's well patched and the modders have worked some wonders on it...

I love what this game could be...just can't play it in it's current state.

:cheers

Yeah, exactly.

In the last year I have made the mistake of changing my game purchase policy... I never used to buy new releases... would always wait until the games came down in price... but there were a few eagerly anticipated games on the way and so I purchased on release day, only to be bitterly dissappointed at the state they were in.

So back to my original policy... no new purchases unless I get feedback from forums, reviews, that the game is great and in good shape....patched if necessary.

Cheers :cheers

Yeah, exactly.

In the last year I have made the mistake of changing my game purchase policy... I never used to buy new releases... would always wait until the games came down in price... but there were a few eagerly anticipated games on the way and so I purchased on release day, only to be bitterly dissappointed at the state they were in.

So back to my original policy... no new purchases unless I get feedback from forums, reviews, that the game is great and in good shape....patched if necessary.

Same here.. everything I've bought nowdays is utter ****.. so good thinking mate! :yes I agree with "no new purchases unless I get feedback from forums, reviews, that the game is great and in good shape....patched if necessary".

And man does this get real nasty. Even torrenting new games nowdays is a waste. I mean seriously what the f**k? Us oldschoolers nowdays get rushed games full of sh*t which they keep naming "game of the year". Now tell me.. what kind of dumbf**kery is this? It sure ain't a simple one I tell ya. :facepalm

EDIT: I should add that this degrading of video games fits to be quoted by the king Theoden from Lord of the Rings: Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow... How did it come to this?

Um

err

hold off longer

AOP was highly praised for a full year after release

then on one single auspicious day, it suddenly got true reviews

that remain unchanged!!

"Crap on the Half Shell"

Back