• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Silent Hunter V

wait until its actually published

SH IV required a 100+ MB patch for minimal operation.

They've developed an Akella style of publishing.

and somehow SH V reads like its trying to be SH III

Maybe its more effective just to play SH 3!!!!

I think I used to have SH III, I don't remember its been a long time.

It's too soon to tell how the game will be, but I rather like the 1st person prespective and interacting with the crew and hopefully develop some bonds.

That's not to say you wouldn't get attached to your crew in previous SH games, but they have always been just a name with a little picture and some skills. With SH V, they might actually be more "real" than ever.

Heard rumbles of a SHV some time ago, after viewing trailer, does look good, basicaly thinks Rupert is Right, rehash of SH3 for gameplay, although sweeter grahics, more crew interaction, would like to have seen some pics of new interface, :cheers
Link for Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5TbW04FzkI

Great news!

While I enjoyed SH4, I thought that SH3 was superior. Oh, not in graphics or missions given, but I very much disliked how SH4 de-emphasized the ship's interior. To me, that was the very thing that would make the series even greater!

Now it seems they are trying exactly that. Hey, I want to talk to my repair crews and see how the job is coming! :) I really thought that giving orders directly to the crew was one of the great things lost in SH4.

Unfortunately, I tend to prefer the Pacific Theatre, but you can't have everything I suppose. :)

Having played SH3 & SH4 with my prefered mods done by Subsim Modding Community, Enjoyed playing both theaters, but yeah, i'd say slightly more enjoyed atlantic campaign in a Uboat, Although can say also enjoyed An S Boat out of Australia tickled me fancy as well. Only with Mods done on both Atlantic and Pacific theatres allowed much more enjoyment of Gameplay and eye candy. Just me 2 Doubloons gents for what it's worth :cheers

Back