• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sink the flying dutchman!

Sharks Prize

Master Mariner
I was just snooping around on youtube and found this video.

I can tell this is the first encounter because the dutchman is heavily damaged when the battle first starts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBrOADVez40

So apparently is IS possible to sink the flying dutchman the first time you encounter it...but it still ain't easy!

The MOW took virtually no damage, I never commanded one so I don't know what kind of beating it can take :shrug

Seeing that video reminded me that POTC had skeletons for crew on the deck of the Pearl, I wonder if we can do the same in COAS and put skeletons on the Dutchman.

Nice find Sharks Prize! :onya

There is code set up to make some ships unboardable ;)

The FD is marked as unboardable, with always active two perks - "quick repair" and the other which prevents damage from collisions. So the only one to sink is at the first encounter is to remove "quick repair" perk wich can be made in 10 seconds.
Quick repair perk always repair the ship to 10% without any materials AND it prevents the ship from sinking so even it you hit it at once for more then 10% it still will not sink.

Keep in mind that sinking the dutchman should not prevent you from having a second encounter and boarding it. The 'rumors' going about in the taverns say that the undead crew will drag the ship to some shoreline and repair it. So sinking the dutchman will probably not get rid of it. But if you don't want to put your ships in storage (Or maybe you are lacking officers to hold your ships/stuff) and think you can do it, why not try?

The MOW took virtually no damage, I never commanded one so I don't know what kind of beating it can take :shrug

I'm pretty sure that guy had god mode on...Still, if there's any ship that can survive a fight against the ghost ship, it's the MOW.

The only way to sink it with cheats. Gods mode on will not help. 'Cause the FD is in God mode too (although 10% God Mode) so there is no way to sink no matter with which ship. But it has no other advantages so even a corvette will easily sink it if you remove the "quick repair" perk.

I'm doing this quest again with the Combined mod in place. The Dutchman starts out with very little hull strength from the beginning. Even with RTBL mod numbers in effect, the Flying Dutchman is still impossible to sink during the first encounter. She's supposed to be invincible until you collect the cursed pearls and the shaman removes the curse making them mortal again. (BTW: They still never explain how that aspect relates to the terminator connection. Are they cursed undead or expiring terminators?) The nice thing about the RTBL mod was that at least I lasted long enough to enjoy the battle and get a good look at her. Got some great screenshots.

MK

I'm pretty sure that guy had god mode on...Still, if there's any ship that can survive a fight against the ghost ship, it's the MOW.

The only way to sink it with cheats. Gods mode on will not help. 'Cause the FD is in God mode too (although 10% God Mode) so there is no way to sink no mayyer with which ship. But it has no other advantages so even a corvette will easily sink it if you remove the "quick repair" perk.

Good show, nice to see it can be sunk even if you may have to cheat. :onya

But I'm VERY thankful the game has a music slider switch ( like off ). When I play a computer game I want "QUIET" except for the regular background sounds. I want to hear every swish, crackle and bang the game has to offer not some kinky mess playing in the background messing with your concentration. :piratesahoy!

Back