• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Sinking The Vogelstruijs

Hotshot

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Im at the part, where you should actually go up against the ship:
"Exit town hall - crewmember outside tavern talks to you"​
Is this him? pic1.jpg

After getting back to my ship, I cannot fast travel to this shore. So I sail there in 3D-Mode (as the map is unavailable too).
But when I get there [Boca de Yuman], nothing happens! pic2.jpg

But I can see the ship: pic3.jpg

Though even when sailing to it, nothing triggers (boarding) and I can't shoot at her either.

Attachments

• standard.7z
    753 KB · Views: 118
re you flying a flag friendly to Holland? If so, hoist another one.
You are meant to shoot at her.
Ehm, I guess that's it then :D
It wasn't clear to me that I could just shoot at a "friendly vessel". Shouldn't HE be the pirate? I mean, he is smuggling after all...

And of course I have the latest version (including the nearly countless quick-fixes that you posted for me :D

It wasn't clear to me that I could just shoot at a "friendly vessel".
You can manually fire at friendly vessels, yes.
But either they'll ignore it or they REALLY won't like it (can't remember which of the two it is; we went back and forth of that a bit based on @Grey Roger's suggestions) .

If you hoist a flag hostile to another ship, you can shoot at ANY ship. Even at your best buddies.
There may be consequences to doing that, but nobody is stopping you from double-crossing your friends and allies.

Shouldn't HE be the pirate? I mean, he is smuggling after all...
Smuggling isn't the same as being a pirate.
Probably the Dutch government doesn't know he's smuggling or they might even secretly approve, depending on their international relations.

In this particular example, you should never personally get to sink the ship, which means that you are also free of any consequences from taking action against the Dutch.

If desired, I could make the Vogelstruys hostile to you regardless of what flag you fly.
That is always possible and may prevent the confusion that you ran into.
But that also bypasses some game and actual logic, so I prefer not doing that if not necessary.
After all, if they're hostile straight away, then WHY would they be? He's got no clue you're there to sink him, does he?

And of course I have the latest version (including the nearly countless quick-fixes that you posted for me :D
Probably some time soon(ish) I should post another "official" update. I've made rather a lot of changes lately, mostly based on your feedback. :wp

Ok, I have no idea why, but alas, this part of the quest was working as I guess it should (although it's the same save game I tried last time; I haven't played since then...)

As soon as I talked with my crew member in town and I transported to my ship, I was teleported into a boarding szene, then a very short fight, setting fire in the cargo hold transported back to my ship near the Vogelstruijs.
Well, I guess I'm ok with that.
At least if it would also work to change your flag and manually sink the ship (for anyone else where the teleport doesn't trigger).

Ok, I have no idea why, but alas, this part of the quest was working as I guess it should
You're sorry that it does work as it should?

As soon as I talked with my crew member in town and I transported to my ship, I was teleported into a boarding szene, then a very short fight, setting fire in the cargo hold transported back to my ship near the Vogelstruijs.
Well, I guess I'm ok with that.
Yep, that's what is supposed to happen. :onya

At least if it would also work to change your flag and manually sink the ship (for anyone else where the teleport doesn't trigger).
The teleport is meant to trigger for everyone. This was troublesome before, but I fixed it not too long ago.
Changing flag and starting to shoot at her should trigger the reload somewhere during the battle. :yes

Back