• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Leveling: Skill mods not updating for item bonus

salonikasurf

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Levis, I believe that there is an issue with skill modifier Items when you change the role - say for Fred Bob from Boatswain to say Navigator, the addition of the best compass or any sailing modifiers don't apply.
One of the reasons for me getting Fred Bob in particular is that he previously could sail a better class of ship and had high skill statistics over the whole range and he would normally be my companion Captain, particularly with skill enhancing items. This is no longer possible as he can only sail a class 5 ship now and the skill enhancing items will not change his leadership or sailing abilities. I use these to assist my officers to be able to take on ships that I capture or when I get a better one and I need someone to captain mine.

This may now be intentional that you have to train your officers up with experience.

Let me know your thoughts, as this is a gameplay issue with my style of play. I can always change tactics.

This may now be intentional that you have to train your officers up with experience.
As far as I'm concerned, skill items should work for NPCs as well as for the player.
So if that is not the case, I'd consider it a bug.

As far as I can tell, they only work for the specific skills related to the NPC character type.
I would agree that they should work the same as for the Player character to make sense.

Working on it together with the other problem...

place in:
..\PROGRAM\INTERFACE

this should fix the problem.

Attachments

• character.c
    58.1 KB · Views: 120
place in:
..\PROGRAM\INTERFACE

this should fix the problem.
Seeing what you did there, would it not be nicer to automatically update the skill modifiers when you GET the item?
Otherwise the player wouldn't SEE the modifier not(!) being applied until you check the Character Interface, but effectively that would still be the case.
Right? :confused:

Seeing what you did there, would it not be nicer to automatically update the skill modifiers when you GET the item?
Otherwise the player wouldn't SEE the modifier not(!) being applied until you check the Character Interface, but effectively that would still be the case.
Right? :confused:
It's updated in all cases already. the only time it isn't updated is when and item is given to a player by quests etc. I could add something to giveitem2player but dont want to due to performance. So that's why I opted to do it like this.

GiveItem2Character isn't executed that often, is it?
Anyway, if nobody voices any concerns on this based on gameplay, we can call this one Fixed indeed. Thanks! :cheers

GiveItem2Character isn't executed that often, is it?
Anyway, if nobody voices any concerns on this based on gameplay, we can call this one Fixed indeed. Thanks! :cheers
I don't know for sure. but it might be called multiple times after each other sometimes?

I did think about adding it to the logincharacter routine so each character has its multipliers updated on login (so on each load).

Indeed you could have several give item lines for different items in a row. You do have a point there. :yes

Back