• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

skills case

skipper.fred

Landlubber
sail ho! Ahoy for every AoP and real sailing fan! This is my first post here and I must say that also in AoP I'm quite 'fresh' and unexperienced...hm, but I'm not a dumb :] ok, listen, I've few question on which I didn't find answers on this board or on 'Hooked..." If I was wrong just point me a correct thread somewhere...

I play AoP Supermod, I was fighting already with Pirate's King, but then the game crashed, and I decided to install mod for better gameplay. So, I decided also ask about things that make me some problems, erm, I'm curious how it works and I'd like be 'concious' in choosing 'my way' as far as it possibl1e.

My question is about skills -

1. what is really important at captain position? I know that Tactics influence on that how many ships You can have, ok - but are Tactics important also for your officers who are captain on your other ships? Should I invest in Nawigation if I have a good Navigator officer? Or maybe navigation is the most important thing for that officeres who are captains? How skills of my officers, passangers and overall - characters - and their abbilities influence on gameplay? I'm not talking about their leading abbilities [f/e for carpenter the leading skill is Repair - I know that it should be as high as it's possible, but if my carpenter has also a boarding master abbilities, it is also remarkable in game??]

2. Why in some cases I have some penalties? I don't understand this system...As far as I remember from RPG which I played - like Baldur's Gate - there was everything clear and here the information are really weak after clicking right mouse on smth...

3. From your experience - what are the basic skills that I should level up? Fencing? Accuracy? Cannons? Of course - all of them are surely neccesary, but let's say - in those first steps in game, up to ten or 12lvl?

looking forward for your response and greetings from polish player! :] aye!

Back