• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Slave trader quest, stuck at the lighthouse

Trollmind

Landlubber
Hello, so i have a really big problem, i am doing the slave trader quest line which i got from ursuer in port au prince on hisponala, i find myself stuck at the third part where you have to fight slave revoult, in my case i was sent to look near port au prince(same as the ursuer is from) so i go land on the lighthouse and find those slaves i need to fight off, heres where the problem is, when i land there the battle music starts and all i can do is run around like headless chicken, ship is locked and it doesnt let me take out my sword, so we are all standing there and looking at each other thinking what to do... Could it possible be because i am doing it after dutch gambit? Because in the walkthrough it is done before the gambit... Ps. Sry for my bad grammar...

I got this mission after DG, no issues. Can you see some slaves walking around? There should be one slave who wears some kind of unusual garment(forgot the exactly type/colour but quite different from other slaves), approach him, chat a little then kill him and his followers. If you can't find him then he maybe stuck behind some trees/bushes/rocks.
Hope this can help.

Your grammar is not bad at all. There are worst, trust me, I too have bad grammar every now and then. Lol.
Could it possible be because i am doing it after dutch gambit? Because in the walkthrough it is done before the gambit...
Anyway, yes, that might be the cause. This game has a lot of restrictions and that you must follow a lot of things in a certain way for whatever you are working on to actually work. Can't do shortcuts or find certain loopholes, not a lot of freedom in regards to completing a lot of quests, really which is one thing I dislike about this game. I suggest you follow the walkthrough to the letter.

@DarkEternis have considerately made a pdf version of the walkthrough from steam. It is very detailed and it works. You just have to carefully read it, especially if a quest has some prerequisites.

I got this mission after DG, no issues. Can you see some slaves walking around? There should be one slave who wears some kind of unusual garment(forgot the exactly type/colour but quite different from other slaves), approach him, chat a little then kill him and his followers. If you can't find him then he maybe stuck behind some trees/bushes/rocks.
Hope this can help.
You should try this. :thumbs1

There should be one slave who wears some kind of unusual garment(forgot the exactly type/colour but quite different from other slaves), approach him, chat a little then kill him and his followers. If you can't find him then he maybe stuck behind some trees/bushes/rocks.
Hope this can help.
Yeah i can't chat with anyone and that boss, just like i said all i can do is run around with them and listen to fight music

Welcome aboard @Trollmind! :cheers

Do you have a save just before that part?
Maybe if you load that and go there again it will work. :shrug

And indeed your grammar isn't bad at all. :onya

Ahoy! Yep, it is because it was done after Dutch Gambit. It happens. Not to worry, we all make mistakes. Remember, follow the guide as closely as possible, save often. There are many quests that cannot be done before or after DG, lest a historical error. That's how it works. See ya around matey!:doff
Nothing works, so i suppose i just leave it alone

As of now, since it can't be done (SAVE INCASE IT CAN ACTUALLY BE DONE, then copy the file somewhere save or leave it in game, just rename it if you want to make sure you dont delete it by accident), I suggest "failing" the quest so it would be "completed".

Back