• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Slow motion effect

DavyJack

Pirate Queen
Staff member
Storm Modder
Aloha Everyone!

I know it has been months since I said I'm getting back but I have been busy again as ever. xD

I'm currently on leave so alas! I got the time off I needed and deserved. Lol:D
So anyway, I still have the issue where I'm experiencing the "slow motion effect" every couple of seconds. Sometimes it will disappear for a couple of minutes but it'll miss me and starts acting up again :oops:

My system specs are in my signature and attached are the log files I currently have(no error log). I didn't explore around much for now. I just want to resolve this issue first before I start to really explore the game and find other things I might have issues with.

Thanks in advance and you guys have a great day! :)

Attachments

• compile.log
    27.9 KB · Views: 259
  • system.log
    9.9 KB · Views: 285
Alright download Rivatuner Statistics Server from here if you haven't already: Guru3D RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server Download v7.2.2, find Download Locations and pick the version you want.

Install and run it.

After launching it may be on your hidden icon click on it.

The main menu should pop up click on add and navigate to your main directory and pick ENGINE.exe, set the framerate limit to 60.

Now i believe the re is an option to start on startup if you want to enable or disable it and can't find it or have another question, post about it and i will help you out.

And as side note the program should run before starting PotC or else it won't work.

Hope i have helped you!!! :cheers

Last edited:
I just want to mention that @The Nameless Pirate 's suggestion on using the RivaTuner works great! It completely removed the slow motion effect I was experiencing and the flickering on the menu tabs (main and in-game). I believe this is connected to the thread Windows 10: Low Frame Rates Despite (BECAUSE OF!) Good Hardware. So if you don't want to read that entire thread :p you can try this solution first. Very quick and easy to do and use as you can read The Nameless Pirate's response. :dance Again, thank you for suggesting this. :cheers

If you scroll down to the bottom you should see various links to download the version you want.

Screenshot_2020-01-31-17-08-40-468_com.android.chrome.png

I would download the newest, if I where you.

Back