• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Slow turning

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Playing the latest installer (downloaded on 15th May), I find that movement inside a building is a little slow and turning inside a building is really slow. Fighting burglars after an overnight stay in someone's house is difficult - in fact, chasing the resident to claim the reward and possibly trigger the burglars in the first place is difficult! So is turning round to leave a store or shipyard after finishing business.

At first I thought it was my mouse, a wireless type, but replacing the battery didn't help. Anyway, the mouse was cleared of blame when I got outside, where movement and turning are normal; it's only inside a building that the problem occurs.

Slow movement inside with normal movement outside has been reported once in a while for a long time now.
I think I even noticed it myself at some point.

If I remember, I never could replicate that problem until I played on one of my fullscreen mode old game versions for a bit.
So you might be able to solve the problem by switching to windowed mode.

If it were once in a while, I wouldn't bother. It's consistent, though. The only way I can get out of most buildings reasonably is to hit "R" to speed the game up to 3x, which is fine if you're trying to leave the shipyard but not such a good idea when you're trying to fight three burglars... And it only started happening after I ran the new installer, it never happened with the previous one.

Did you try windowed mode yet? That is all I can possibly suggest. Or try to tweak some other settings.

I know it isn't something with the actual latest update, because this is no new issue.
It is some mysterious engine-related weirdness.

That problem is rare now. It used to be fairly common 4-5 years ago. It last happened to me in January or so. I started a new game and the problem was gone.

So now with FULLSCREEN it is normal instead of with windowed? Why can this game not just be consistent in its weirdness? :modding

Back