• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Small mod: Shanties on "Sea Dogs TEHO"

JTem

Freebooter
Staff member
Storm Modder
Hello.

The new partner: @Bucanero Furtivo, is working on a new mod for the TEHO that will add new music inspired by various games, its name "Assassins Ambience".

Maybe the partner who created the ActiveMap @kb31, can tell us if there is any possibility to activate the songs of the sailors singing in high seas like in Assassins Creed 4 and Assassins Creed Rogue.

It would be great to have that possibility, we are aware that it is something difficult to achieve, since there is no command (key) that can activate the songs in parallel to the game music.

I leave you a demo video:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Best Sea Shanties

If the PROGRAM code is available, it should be possible somehow.
Which doesn't mean it'd be easy...

In PotC at least, you could add a new keyboard control to trigger your own function call.
Make a music_alias entry with a bunch of shanties.
And then hopefully there is a function like this you can use:
Code:
SetMusic("music_spokplavanie");

If the PROGRAM code is available, it should be possible somehow.
Which doesn't mean it'd be easy...

In PotC at least, you could add a new keyboard control to trigger your own function call.
Make a music_alias entry with a bunch of shanties.
And then hopefully there is a function like this you can use:
Code:
SetMusic("music_spokplavanie");

Thanks a lot Pieter, it's something worth trying, it would give a special touch to the game.

@Bucanero Furtivo , what do you think about this possibility?

Maybe @Tio de Kronstak can help us in this task?

In the sound.c file in the program folder of THEO are the lines

case "slave_deck": // квестовая палуба
SetSoundScheme("slave_deck");
//SetMusicAlarm("music_spokplavanie");
break;

Hello colleagues.:ahoy

I have created a small mod with the songs of the sailors, you can listen to them during the navigation in second person during the day and the night.

The goal was to get them activated with a key like ActiveMap, but unfortunately I couldn't achieve it..:shrug

I have tried to add a great diversity of songs, there are classics and more current ones. I don't know if the game can play them all.

This is the list:

Drunken-Sailer-Irish Rovers.
The-Dreadnoughts-Randy Dandy-Oh.
Leave-her-johnny.
Dead-horse.
Good-morning-ladies.
Maid-of-amsterdam.
Running-down-to-cuba.
Roll-boys-roll.
Fathom-the-Bowl.
Whisky-Johnny-O.
Admiral-Benbow.
Patrick-Spens.

Trooper-and-the-Maid.
Fish-in-the-Sea.
Old Billy Riley-Johnny Collins.
David Coffin-Roll the Old Chariot.
Johnny Collins-Eliza Lee.
Leave Her Johnny-Rachel Kay.
Spanish ladies.
Sheringham Shantymen-Blow the Man Down.
The Eskies-Haul Away Joe.
The Felix Stowaways-Don t Forget Your Old Ship Mate.
The Revels-Rolling Down to Old Maui.

Mini mod Shanties on TEHO 1.0

^^ This is awesome, thank you JTem for sharing it! Is your Mini mod Beta 1.7.3 friendly? If not, there is of course another way of commanding your crew to sing with a keypress... that is... have the songs loaded in the background on a windows media player playlist... and press the media play key on your keyboard when ready ;) Cheers and I'll leave this here in your honour!

^^ This is awesome, thank you JTem for sharing it! Is your Mini mod Beta 1.7.3 friendly? If not, there is of course another way of commanding your crew to sing with a keypress... that is... have the songs loaded in the background on a windows media player playlist... and press the media play key on your keyboard when ready ;) Cheers and I'll leave this here in your honour!

:dance
Nice, I've tweaked the mod to make it work with Beta 1.7.3, it's a very simple mod that should work without problems.

I tried to program it so that it could be activated with a key but it was out of my meager programming knowledge.

I leave you the link below:

43.82 MB file on MEGA

Back