• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Smuggling: Allow on Turks depending on Period

Pieter, do you want these smuggling files now or at the next weekend?
If you have them now, you might as well post them.
I've not yet started on the new installer, because I'm awaiting some missing files from someone else.

Here they are. 4 smuggling shores and the smuggler shows up only during the 2 last periods.
I had to choose some contrabands in islands_init.c. No idea if any goods are more to prefer.

Attachments

• JRH Turks smuggling 15-11-14.7z
    25.7 KB · Views: 58
Here they are. 4 smuggling shores and the smuggler shows up only during the 2 last periods.
I had to choose some contrabands in islands_init.c. No idea if any goods are more to prefer.
AWESOME!

At the moment I'm trying to convince Turks to DO show contraband depending on the time period.
Ideally also in the first two periods because of the Spanish influence. :cheeky

This has been becoming surprisingly complicated. Couple of notes:
- Turks NEVER has a smuggling nation of PIRATE; I'm changing that so it DOES have that in Golden Age of Piracy
- I think if an island has no contraband defined, the smuggler agent will just turn you away; therefore I removed that period-dependency
- This may mess up @Levis' idea of being "brought to the governor", since for Turks the smuggling nation may be England/Spain, but the "governor" is Pirate!!!

- I added a call to update the smuggling state of an island when Capture Colonies changes the smuggling nation
- There were several uses of " --" and " ++" (with extra spaces); I'm not sure if the game understands that, so I removed the leading spaces just in case

- Smuggling goods are NOT being set in islands_init.c even if does look that way; instead they're set based on smuggling nation in smuggling.c .
This is all fine, but NOT if the Export/Import goods happen to overlap with the goods that are to be defined for smuggling!
I spent a good many hours trying to figure out why Turks refused to show any contraband and only managed to fix that by reassigning the Import/Export ones.
Should perhaps a good be removed as Import/Export before being set as a smuggling good?
Otherwise islands_init.c may be preventing the whole "smuggling goods change occasionally" intention. :facepalm

- Smuggling goods are NOT being set in islands_init.c even if does look that way; instead they're set based on smuggling nation in smuggling.c .
I'm not sure what you mean. The contraband I set up for Turks in island_init.c showed up in the Colonies menu +
were accepted by the smugglers. o_O

I'm not sure what you mean. The contraband I set up for Turks in island_init.c showed up in the Colonies menu +
were accepted by the smugglers. o_O
The only reason that worked is because the Turks-specific exception (similar to Antigua and formerly Eleuthera too) was still in place.
As soon as I removed that check, it stopped working. Seems to be behaving itself now again, though with somewhat different goods than before. :shrug

I would need to look into the bribe thing. @Jack Rackham could you make a bug report for that?

@Pieter Boelen the system is set up to remove contraband goods if it's a import or export already because the nation could change and it's in preparation of the dynamic economy.

@Pieter Boelen the system is set up to remove contraband goods if it's a import or export already because the nation could change and it's in preparation of the dynamic economy.
That does mean that if ALL the potential smuggling goods for a nation are already Import/Export, then you get NO smuggling goods.
This was affecting me for Turks.

Smuggling to Turks should work fine now: Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4 Internal WIP For Testing | PiratesAhoy!
Only disabled because of it being Pirate in the Golden Age of Piracy.

Still up in the air, mainly for @Levis:
- This may mess up @Levis' idea of being "brought to the governor", since for Turks the smuggling nation may be England/Spain, but the "governor" is Pirate!!!
- I added a call to update the smuggling state of an island when Capture Colonies changes the smuggling nation
- TODO @Levis?: Set smuggling nation to Personal once ALL towns on an island have been captured

- There were several uses of " --" and " ++" (with extra spaces); I'm not sure if the game understands that, so I removed the leading spaces just in case
Just to confirm, I did a quick test like this and it seems the space doesn't matter (thank goodness!):
Code:
  i = 0;
   while (i < 10)
   {
     i ++;
     LogIt("i = " + i);
   }

Back