• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Smuggling in build 11

Spitfire

Landlubber
Ok, tried some smuggling in build 11, got caught and the officer let me off the hook without a fight.

The problem is that all merchants in all islands refuse to trade with me now. I've sunk some pirates and done some other stuff to boost up my rep (which is Bloody Terror at the moment) but they still bear a grudge on me. I really, really wouldn't want to load an earlier save as that'd cost me hours of gameplay now xD:

So, how to get those merchants like me again? I'm kinda tired of looting my wheat & rum from pirate ships :d:

Har! spitfire,sounds like ye been doing some pirate'n fer sure mate, ye can boost yer rep by doing store cargo mossions,ship excort from de tavern keeper, save maiden's out in de jungle,ur ye can go tew church an buy yer rep xD:

Boosting my rep doesn't seem to help, as I lost only one rep level by smuggling and now I've gained at least two reputation ranks by doing "good deeds". All nations are better than neutral towards me and everyone else likes me except all store merchants and shipwrights. Dang! xD:

Hmm... Ok, maybe I lost more than one rep level. "Bloody Terror" has such a harsh sound to it so I guess it can't be good? :d:

What are the various reputation levels anyway?

How can I descent from Hero to a low scumbag by getting caught only once? xD:

Teeror of de seas ain't so bad mate as I can get all me supplies from loot'n other ships,so ye don't need tew hire crew or buy from de storekeeper,but if yer de more sociable type den ye would,want at kinda rep,I avn't tried smuggl/n an gett'n caught yet wid de new build,'at be fer sure a drastic drop fer only being caught once xD:

They'll talk to you when ye get up to the level at "Scoundrel"

Ok, it is my rep after all that is the problem.

But don't you agree that descending from Hero to Terror of the High Seas by getting caught once of smuggling and not fighting them off is a bit too harsh of a punishment? Ouch!

Back