• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Guard Dialogs Broken, Causing Smuggling Issues

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I am running the latest Dec 31 version and have run into a problem. After installing the latest patch and starting the game I hitt F11 and all went well.

There have been no CTDs in well over an hour of play, so that is fixed.

But smuggling is broken again.

I was in Havana and had a treasure quest to Cayman so decided to try smuggling too. I was intercepted by a pirate ship when approaching and after a few shots sailed to the island in the faster ship. Landed at Eden Rock and did the treasure quest. It was empty.

Then I went into the tavern and did the smuggling thing. The soldiers are a problem as the ones sitting down have no dialog and the ones standing up just want to fight. That fighting thing is a continueing problem in EVERY tavern.

So I just completed the deal and headed to Eden Rock. The smuggling part worked well and there were no soldiers on the beach. But when we set sail there were 4 hostile ships! The Pirate and 3 Coast Guards. They seemed to be more interested in each other than me so I just sailed away. That worked well until "Sail Ho!!" Ayup, the whole gaggle followed me out to sea and I had to escape again! From there I dirct sailed to Jamaica and then went to the world map.

Based on past experience from now on every time I go to Cayman those ships will be waiting for me. This means no more smuggling for me!

POTC4 2015-12-31 12-31-19-32.jpg POTC4 2015-12-31 12-31-49-96.jpg POTC4 2015-12-31 12-32-01-34.jpg POTC4 2015-12-31 12-34-20-45.jpg POTC4 2015-12-31 12-35-06-54.jpg POTC4 2015-12-31 12-37-03-96.jpg POTC4 2015-12-31 12-41-13-85.jpg POTC4 2015-12-31 12-42-38-10.jpg POTC4 2015-12-31 12-43-14-45.jpg POTC4 2015-12-31 12-43-54-58.jpg

There is an error with the soldier dialog logic, because @morgan terror did not yet complete his rewrites.
With the ZIP I posted today, I think that should no longer happen.
If it does, please post a save for me to test from as I think that should not be happening.

As for the coast guard ships persisting, that was a bug that should be already fixed.
So please return there and double check.
Or post a save that you think may be affected and I'll check myself.

Here is a save from just before leaving the shore after dealing with the smugglers. Your zip is already installed.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Cayman. Eden Rock. October 30th, 1690 2.7z
    569.7 KB · Views: 84
Thanks; I'll test it.

So those soldiers DO still cause trouble?
What town did you smuggle from?
And might I assume nation relations did not change between then and now?
Just to make sure I check with the right conditions.

Yes every tavern with soldiers walking around in it is an instafight. Everywhere.

It was Cayman as stated.

National relations did not change then, but a while later they did change so the British are no longer mad at me, and of course the next trade mission was to go to Cayman. When I got there there were no Coast Guard waiting for me.

Yes every tavern with soldiers walking around in it is an instafight. Everywhere.
That sounds dodgy. I'll check it tomorrow. :yes

National relations did not change then, but a while later they did change so the British are no longer mad at me, and of course the next trade mission was to go to Cayman. When I got there there were no Coast Guard waiting for me.
Right.... So England WAS hostile to you at the time of your smuggling run on Cayman then?
That's good to know; thanks. :doff

Here is a save from just before leaving the shore after dealing with the smugglers. Your zip is already installed.
Do you have the very latest ZIP I posted here yesterday?
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4 Internal WIP For Testing | PiratesAhoy!

When I load your savegame, I get a black screen and only errors.
Seems there is some savegame incompatibility going on, so I cannot check anything. :facepalm

Alternatively, upload your entire PROGRAM folder so that I can be sure to do my checking with the same code that you've got.

@Hylie Pistof: I think you must have missed that 31 Dec ZIP of mine, because I just noticed I messed up the dialogs in there so they wouldn't even load.
This is corrected with the 1 Jan ZIP now available from here: Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4 Internal WIP For Testing | PiratesAhoy!

But since that may not be compatible with your savegame, please extract attached to your PROGRAM\DIALOGS folder instead.
That may help.

Attachments

• random_dialogs.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 96
I installed the 12-28 random dialogs and both yours and Levis's Dec 31 zips. My game says Dec 31. :shrug

I installed your latest zip and then thought to zip up my programs folder. I hope that didn't mess you up. Anyway, here it is.
Dropbox - PROGRAM.7z

Anyway, your zip has the sitting soldier's dialog back.

Before I forget, I should mention that one CTD seemed to be associated with my officers getting confused about their enemy. They stopped fighting people and started fighting the jungle which caused lots of explosions and smoke, and then a CTD.

Ah, the savegame incompatibility was because you edited "shipWalk.c" and I didn't have that change.
I can load it now. :onya

I've been improving the logic of the soldier dialog today.
Any fight will start only after the dialog closes.
Plus some improved logic to catch false Flags and hostile situations.

So to sum up:
- The guard dialogs were indeed broken, but I fixed those and they should be operational now again
- Coastguard ships DO disappear after escaping, so that is confirmed fixed as well
- I did several tests with this yesterday and it seemed to behave itself quite reasonably

In other words: As far as I can tell, smuggling should be OK once again.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but for now I'm considering this one "Fixed".

Back