• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Smuggling: No Guard to Ask Best Time

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I will keep a log here about my smuggling attempts. I am playing the 24 Oct version.

I finally got enough money together to fill the hold with goods and started the Saldhana quest. So off to Jamaica I went. False flag: English.

Sailed past 4 English ships going in without incident. Took care of the Saldhana quest and visited the smuggler upstairs in the tavern. Went downstairs and there were no soldiers, did the old in and out routine with no luck. How does a new player know about these things? I learned about it by reading posts here. :nerbz

So I went upstairs and started the smuggling caper. Took off to the beach meeting some armed robbers on the way. There were no soldiers and then there were no ships so the operation was a success. I was level 9 with luck skill of 6.
POTC4 2015-10-24 20-34-30-31.jpg

Went downstairs and there were no soldiers, did the old in and out routine with no luck. How does a new player know about these things? I learned about it by reading posts here. :nerbz
That particular part is more a hack than a feature.
Maybe we can auto-generate an officer walking into the tavern as soon as you talk to the smuggler agent?

Went downstairs and there were no soldiers, did the old in and out routine with no luck. How does a new player know about these things? I learned about it by reading posts here. :nerbz
I thought of a simpler solution in PROGRAM\LandEncounters\LEnc_monsters.c .
At night-time that was set to have anywhere between 1-5 soldiers to ask, so evenings should always work.
But during day, anywhere between 0 and 2 soldiers. I just changed it to 1-2 soldiers so there should ALWAYS be at least one.

Extract attached to the appropriate folder to try. :doff

Attachments

• LEnc_monsters.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 74
Back