• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Smuggling Officer: Dialog Node Stuck

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
In Beta 4 Public release (2nd April)

I did some smuggling on Bonaire - where I asked my officer (tavern hired - not from tavern keeper )to check the beaches,- he came back a day later saying that there were too many patrols and he could now check the beaches. So I had to talk to a soldier instead, and then go and meet the smugglers on the beach.

Have now gone to Barbados - to do some more smuggling - but whenever I talk to my officer I get the same dialog about the patrols & being unable to check the beaches. ( none of the other officer dialogs appear).

It looks as though the officers dialog has got stuck. - perhaps he just likes beaches :D.

No error log

Attachments

• PotC Smugg_Officer.jpg
    PotC Smugg_Officer.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 78
  • -=Player=- Barbados.7z
    474.5 KB · Views: 52
  • compile.log
    2.4 KB · Views: 104
  • system.log
    998 bytes · Views: 102
In PROGRAM\QUESTS\quests_common.c add that last line marked PB:
Code:
    case "Send Officer back in slot":
       if(DEBUG_SMUGGLING>0) trace("SMUGGLING officer becomes passenger again");
       NPChar = characterFromID(PChar.quest.Contraband.officerID);
       DeleteAttribute(NPChar,"StoredFellow");
       AddPassenger(PChar, NPChar, 0);
       LAi_SetOfficerType(NPChar);
       SetOfficersIndex(Pchar, -1, sti(NPChar.index)); // PB: Use index instead of reference
       NPChar.dialog.currentnode = "hired";       // PB: Reset his dialog
     break;
Doesn't fix your current guy, but hopefully will prevent it for future ones.

You have a savegame just prior to him returning? If so, you should be able to test from that one.

Now THAT is Support; get a fix for your bugs in 11 minutes! :rofl
Don't count on me being able to do that every time.... :wp

Back