• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Smuggling: Smugglers wont talk with you after coastguard appears

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
So I tried smuggling. Loaded up with silk at Martinique and sailed to Puerto Rico. Made it into town and talked with the smuggler and headed back. While well away from my ship I was spotted by the coast guard and killed two that showed up after a wait. Then when I finally made it to the smugglers they would not talk to me. Game over and back to POTC 3.3 I go. :doff

Can anyone confirm this is fixed?

@Kpax7 could you maybe also test this one for me?

I've been playing Beta 3.4 for a while now, and I successfully installed the new Beta 4. I don't use Beta4 for now because it doesn't accept my save games.
So still playing 3.4 and smuggling a lot. No problems yet!
The problems with "Not expiring" or "No talking" are very rare and random... (I did ran into that "No expiration problem" but after loading again it was solved even without your fix).
I think if you do multiple simultaneous missions some of them may interfere with each other and crash the game procedures.

I encountered a new bug recently!
In some ports I can't use fast travel. It says "Something is going to happen" but nothing happens when I roam around. I have to manually go to places.
I think it has to do with past missions and they were completed in some other way than the way designer wanted :D

In some ports I can't use fast travel. It says "Something is going to happen" but nothing happens when I roam around. I have to manually go to places.
I think it has to do with past missions and they were completed in some other way than the way designer wanted :D
You have any specifics on those? And a savegame perhaps?
I know I fixed a few of those issues for Tortuga, Port au Prince and Pointe a Pitre a while back.

You have any specifics on those? And a savegame perhaps?
I know I fixed a few of those issues for Tortuga, Port au Prince and Pointe a Pitre a while back.
Ok, I'll provide a savegame soon. And it was on some other island that I don't remember. I come back to you again when I found it.
Thanks

Ok, I'll provide a savegame soon. And it was on some other island that I don't remember. I come back to you again when I found it.
Thanks
Since you're on Beta 3.4, it could be that you ran into one of the specific instances that I already fixed for Beta 4.
Those fixes aren't in the earlier release as I made them not so long ago.

@Pieter Boelen Wow! Seems you've fixed a lot! So let me ask you here the rest of my findings and lets see if they are also fixed in new versions.
In Alice town there's a brothel ! What is it good for! It's empty and you hear sound of Flies!
I think 2 sounds should be replaced in this game:
1. The brothel which has the sound of WC !
2. The Church which have the sound of sneezing and sick people.

Don't you think?

Last edited:
Has anyone been doing any smuggling lately? Is this still a problem?
From what I understand, it should be a fair consistent problem if it does happen.

To test this, you should deliberately try to NOT avoid the Coastguard.

I'm gonna try the Beta 4 soon. I finally installed it successfully! I'm just trying to find a free time for gaming!
You also didn't answer my last post :) #9

To all players: Have you been smuggling recently? Did you get caught prior to talking to the smugglers? Did that break anything?
I'd like to confirm if this is fixed! If I don't hear anything by the end of the week, I'll assume it is indeed Fixed! :whipa

I've started limited playing of Beta 4 just for testing. Just did 2 smuggling in the beginning and didn't get any coast-guards :|
After some tries, something new happened!!
My questbook updated with this message before I even talked to Smugglers!
7.png

After this I saw 2 soldiers incoming from the far end of the beach but before they get to me I talked to smugglers and finished the trade and got on the ship :D

I'm having a very unpleasant experience with Beta4 compared to Beta3.4
I'll upload my reports/opinions about Beta4 in another thread if you like to hear them.

I don't know what to say to that. If you want to see about addressing those points, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction to do it.
Why not? Don't you think that sounds are improper and should be replaced? how about other players? Replacing them shouldn't be that hard :)

I'm having a very unpleasant experience with Beta4 compared to Beta3.4
I'll upload my reports/opinions about Beta4 in another thread if you like to hear them.
Any and all comments would be very welcome! There are some fairly large changes in Beta 4, so we need to know how they work out for players.

Why not? Don't you think that sounds are improper and should be replaced? how about other players? Replacing them shouldn't be that hard :)
Adding all quick jobs that other people could easily do together, makes for a huge mountain of work.
I myself can't afford to do everything. Especially not since there are SO many other things also still to be done.

But as I said: "If you want to see about addressing those points, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction to do it."

So I think we can say this is fixed right?

Adding all quick jobs that other people could easily do together, makes for a huge mountain of work.
I myself can't afford to do everything. Especially not since there are SO many other things also still to be done.

But as I said: "If you want to see about addressing those points, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction to do it."
I'd be happy to help! Just give me a clue about what needs to be done!
In this case, As far as I know I should find better sounds and upload them for you to put them (replace) on your game for next patch. Did I miss something?

I'd be happy to help! Just give me a clue about what needs to be done!
In this case, As far as I know I should find better sounds and upload them for you to put them (replace) on your game for next patch. Did I miss something?
You said you had some points. If you post them we can point you in the direction where to look and fix them :).

Back