• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Sneak the temple, unable to teleport on green room.

harryharry

Landlubber
Hi! I'm new here, recently I felt some nostalgia for old games, and I remembered this game, so I installed it, and also installed New Horizons Mod. Absolutely great. Thank you for it!

I am finishing Nathaniel Hawk Storyline, but it seems I am unable to keep moving forward.
On the "Sneak into the temple" quest, after entering the labyrinth, following the signs on the ground, placing the idol into the square on the ground, and entering the Alcove, upon entering the green light room, nothing happens, I loaded saves from before entering the labyrinth a repeated it 10 times, nothing happened.
As I recall I was supposed to get a movie scene even before placing the idol on the ground, that also doesn't trigger.
(I also checked the walkthrough of Tales of a Sea Hawk, it worked wonderfully until now, and I am pretty sure I followed it correctly)

Am I forgetting something ? Is there any possible bug there?

Thank you :D

You don't get the movie scene before placing the idol. You go to the place in the middle of the room, where there should be some indication that you can place the idol. When you place it, the movie should play.

Could you load a savegame from before you placed the idol? Then play as far as placing the idol and going into the alcove. Quit the game, then post the files "compile.log" and "system.log". There may also be "error.log"; if so, post that as well. The files should be in the top level of the game installation folder. You can post them by using the "Upload a File" button next to the "Post Reply" button.

Hi! I'm new here, recently I felt some nostalgia for old games, and I remembered this game, so I installed it, and also installed New Horizons Mod. Absolutely great. Thank you for it!
Welcome, mate! :cheers

And thank you for the kind words.
Those are always appreciated. :doff

Am I forgetting something ? Is there any possible bug there?
Which exact version of the modpack are you running?
There was one from a good many years ago which had a story-breaking bug at that exact point.
Took me quite a while to figure out how to fix that one, but as far as I'm aware it should be good in the latest versions.

Unless it got broken again...? Apparently that point IS quite sensitive.

Back