• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

So i got the game other day...mods question

cerebus23

Landlubber
Ok so i read that with patch 1.5 modding was alot easier. And got the game since all the pirates movies are done and like sea dogs well enuf back in the day.

So all these ship mods require the non patched version of the game and AOP SuperMod...but supermod seems out of business, dl links are non existant lest all i found and tried.

So is there any way to easily use a patched 1.5 game and convert some of these supermod ship mods into the game using 1.5 and no supermod? I am no noob to modding games in general tho totally new to this particular game.

Got the generic mod manager installed 1.5 patch running as a mod, and tried the PotC ships mods and tried starting the game with the black pearl, game runs fine, but if modding the starter file to start with a black pearl you get a lineship no special textures plain sails and hull.

Now there is alot of files in the PotC mod that are dupes and report conflicts, if you run it with 1.5 the quest scripts will cause the game to not even start, going to pair down the conflicts more when i have time. some old non modded files are included in the PotC mod that i think 1.5 updates, going to play with it more this weekend when i have time. But atm i can run the game by deleting the quest scripts that do not even seem to have been changed at all comparing files. But seem like the mod is partially working with 1.5.

So anyone else tried using the mods with 1.5 or have any ideas or suggestions that might help me along? thanks.

Well i got the Blackpearl running great with Capt Bligh's potc mod, many thanks to him for putting the work into the conversions. have to test the other ships, but after a day of removing files after getting crashes and sound and gfx glitches when in combat finally got it working smoothly just running 1.5 patch the 1.5 nodvd crack and no supermod.

Back