• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

So many exiting new ships in the works here.

Noriruru

Freebooter
Hey guys I've been monitoring these forums for some time and I must say that a lot of the work in progress ships REALLY have my mouth watering and I'm wondering what the progress is on these ships are. :hmm

The ships I'm currently tracking are the following...

- The Friedrich Wilhelm zu Perde .
- Jack Harrison's Chapman's Frigate and La Belle
- The HMS Providance
- The Raa Frigate
- KrisWood's ships (especially the centurion)
- The Zeven Provincien
- And of course the recently aquired Remus77 ships (especially the Christianus Sixtus (trinity))

Some I know have only recently started but I'm some have been in the works for some time.

I sincerely hope I'm not annoying anyone here with my inquiries here as that is NOT my intention I just get a little exited at times, like a kid waiting to open their presents at christmas time if you will. :b:

A recent clash I had on Pirates of the burning sea with one of FLS's more immature devs (Rhaegar this time) has made the build mod more important to me than ever for all my pirate sea combat needs.

I was trying to express some concerns I had about a rampant ship nerfing spree FLS has been on ever since their stupid removal of 1st and 2nd rate ships from their game after they recently made a couple of their better refit ships virtually worthless now (Naval officers in the game REALLY suck now by the way) and Rhaegar for some reason or another had a hissy fit about it and retaliated against me for it.

Appearantly asking FLS devs to "Please go easy on the ship nerfs" is enough to warrant a permanent I.P. forum ban there.

With that said I'm exited about all the ship WIPs as many are ships I had (and miss) on pirates of the burning sea and am looking forward to sailing them once more hopefully before my beard looks like those of the singers from ZZ-Top. :razz

In all seriousness though guys are ALL doing a GREAT job with these ships. Keep up the good work. :yes
And special thanks to all the PotBS shipbuilders who were good enough to share their wares with us.

Oh there is a lot to say...
just check out the individual ship threads.
if nothing is written, there is nothing to tell.
If something is written, that 's the story.
on the flip side: when there is something worth saying or showing, the creators will update the threads. or not. Maybe. Maybe not.

Of the ships you mentioned, the only one I can really speak for is the Raa frigate.
I need to do the small conversion work for PotC, but there are a few things I need to know about the ship before it can be released.
For example, what do I call it? A "Raa class Frigate"? Was the model based on a real ship? Which nations/periods is she affiliated with?
If anyone can provide answers to those, then I can fully convert her in no time. ;)

As for KrisWood's ships, I know he is making an effort to start the conversion work himself.
Remus77's models, on the other hand, have no takers yet. I would have a go, but I have other ships to worry about right now.

Of the ships you mentioned, the only one I can really speak for is the Raa frigate.
I need to do the small conversion work for PotC, but there are a few things I need to know about the ship before it can be released.
For example, what do I call it? A "Raa class Frigate"? Was the model based on a real ship? Which nations/periods is she affiliated with?
If anyone can provide answers to those, then I can fully convert her in no time. ;)

As for KrisWood's ships, I know he is making an effort to start the conversion work himself.
Remus77's models, on the other hand, have no takers yet. I would have a go, but I have other ships to worry about right now.

The Raa is based on the Danish Frigate Raae which was launched in 1709 and is armed with 30 x 8pdrs the plans are found here: http://www.orlogsbasen.dk/billed.asp also here is a site with information on various navies which may be of interest: http://koti.mbnet.fi/felipe/Denmark/Denmark_ships_1700-1850/denmark_ships_1700-1850.html and another here: http://threedecks.org/index.php?display_type=show_ship&id=18230

Hope that helps :)

Also I am still working on the Neptunus it is currently going through review for PotBS and I am also working on the decoration and tweaks for the Indiaman too as Phil has little time since he is a dad now :) I will post an update on progress on these soon.

Regards,

Thanks for that information, SeaNorris. That's exactly what I was after. :doff
Unfortunately, though, I've run into a dead end with porting her to PotC, because of a problem with TOOL corrupting the files.
Hopefully I can find a solution soon, but for now she's going nowhere. :facepalm

The Raa is based on the Danish Frigate Raae which was launched in 1709 and is armed with 30 x 8pdrs the plans are found here: http://www.orlogsbasen.dk/billed.asp also here is a site with information on various navies which may be of interest: http://koti.mbnet.fi/felipe/Denmark/Denmark_ships_1700-1850/denmark_ships_1700-1850.html and another here: http://threedecks.org/index.php?display_type=show_ship&id=18230

Hope that helps :)

Also I am still working on the Neptunus it is currently going through review for PotBS and I am also working on the decoration and tweaks for the Indiaman too as Phil has little time since he is a dad now :) I will post an update on progress on these soon.

Regards,

WOW Denmark really has quite a few ships in PotBS. The Christianus, the Wenden and Raae and who knows what else. Quite the impressive lineup there.

Don't sweat it mate! At least you're tackling one of them. And it looks like you're doing a great job with the Raa.
Also you have to admire KrisWood's commitment to the cause not only is he good enough to let us use his wares but also willing to try the conversion work himself. Hats off to him.
As for the new Remus boats I'm sure someone will get to work on them fairly soon. I'd have taken a shot at the Christianus myself (as I REALLY want THIS ship badly) but if what you said about Mayas difficulty of use is true then it sounds like it would melt my brain. Also from what I hear from the modeling forums, a 98-gun 2nd rater would be the last kind of ship a total noob such as myself would want to tackle for a first project. But I sure someone will get to her soon enough, I know if Pgargon took it up she'd probably be game ready in less than a week.

Love the Poseidon by the way and am going to be looking at the surprise in short order as well.

You guys do GREAT work. Keep it up.

The reason for so many Danish ships in PotBS is that early in the days of User Content at PotBS the only site with a large variety of in-game ship plans for free was Orlogsbasen, which being a catalog of plans in the Danish Royal Archives holds mostly Danish ships. Almost all the PotBS ships are made from plans of real ones that sailed at some point in history, with the exception of some Akella made ones (most of these are based on low accuracy european kit model plans).

As for my own models, I have an ulterior motive. I want to see my models in a game engine (any engine really) as quickly as possible. :D

As for my own models, I have an ulterior motive. I want to see my models in a game engine (any engine really) as quickly as possible. :D

There's nothing wrong wrong with that there mate. :cheeky
And in here your ships won't be nerfed to kingdom come or removed altogether as is the unfortunate fate of many of the great ships in PotBS. (I miss my Trinity :( )
Here your ships will ALWAYS be at the peak of their glory.

Kudos to taking on the conversion of your ships directly.
I'm looking to seeing your HMS Centurion in action there KrisWood. :onya

Back