• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Soleil Royal

marblehat

Landlubber
Hey all, was just stopping in to see if I could get any help on the matter of this MOW, the Soleil-Royal. I had just gotten the mission, defeated the spanish galleons, and went to the governor to find out why the french fleet didn't meet me there. I remembered from a while back about a french ship of the line, a unique MOW available someway from the french navy. Thinking this may be it, I was ecstatic. Perhaps my great lone victory(because that captain commanding the Soleil-Royal sure enjoyed saving his ammunition), I thought that just maybe this might end with me commanding her. Completing the quest made me frown. If I could frown any more the weight of this frown would cause my face to fall off.

. . .

After a leisurely few minutes of killing the town and repeated attempts to kill the 'govenah', I quickly loaded my save file, before turning in the quest. At this point I had the ship still, and after thinking for a few minutes, I put it into the port controller. That done, I 'failed' the quest with gusto. Now the ship was mine. Kindoff. All thats left is the damned captain. I cant find a way to get rid of him. Can't sell it and rebuy. Can't get it boarded and reboard. Can't get it to mutiny either, if that was worth a shot. So now, being of medium smartness, I ask, how do I assume command of the ship?

Any help would be appreciated.

... how do I assume command of the ship?..
I do it always at the end of the quest-line French, after the 12th quest.
D'Ogeron says Soleil to accompany the Basse Terre and to deliver it to Bonrepaux; done, says the Bonreapaux Soleil remains in port for another month and then returned to France.
Return to Tortuga, therefore, talk of Ogeron to close the quest (and the quest-line French).
Then quickly go to Guadalupe, raise the Jolly Roger, go to sea in front of Basse Terre: meet Soleil, capture and escape.
I escaped to Curaçao, and after there were no negative consequences in relations with France (maintained titles and reputation)

... how do I assume command of the ship?..
I do it always at the end of the quest-line French, after the 12th quest.
D'Ogeron says Soleil to accompany the Basse Terre and to deliver it to Bonrepaux; done, says the Bonreapaux Soleil remains in port for another month and then returned to France.
Return to Tortuga, therefore, talk of Ogeron to close the quest (and the quest-line French).
Then quickly go to Guadalupe, raise the Jolly Roger, go to sea in front of Basse Terre: meet Soleil, capture and escape.
I escaped to Curaçao, and after there were no negative consequences in relations with France (maintained titles and reputation)

Thanks! Well now I know what to do, but I still have one problem. When I turn in the ship, the governor doesn't mention anything about the Soleil staying in port, or in any case, the ship just disappears. It doesn't appear in or near Basse Terre. I tried what you suggested and its just gone. So I feel like I may have done something wrong somewhere, or was this quest tweaked in a patch?

No, no patches.
The Governor d'Ogeron says that Soleil is in port, says Bonrepaux, when you bring the ship to Basse Terre, in the 12th and final quest. Not in the 4th quest.
You then quickly return to Tortuga, close the Quest for Ogeron, and quickly return to Basse Terre to catch the ship.

No, no patches.
The Governor d'Ogeron says that Soleil is in port, says Bonrepaux, when you bring the ship to Basse Terre, in the 12th and final quest. Not in the 4th quest.
You then quickly return to Tortuga, close the Quest for Ogeron, and quickly return to Basse Terre to catch the ship.

Ahh I think I get it now. So despite working with this ship in the fourth quest, I will still be able to see/capture it again in the 12th?

No, no patches.

Ahh I think I get it now. So despite working with this ship in the fourth quest, I will still be able to see/capture it again in the 12th?
Yes
You'll have the Soleil in your fleet even in 9 ^, 10 ^ and 11 ^ quest, but you can not use it.
Maybe you can catch it from enemies, and take it back, but it is difficult ...

Alright everyone I'm a bit pissed off getting the Soleil Royale....I read it by woopypoo...errr whatever his name is-he is the only one who said hes done it-that you can let the galleons board it and then re capture it.
Well its just not happening I tried EVERYTHING-no ammo, no powder no weapons, small crew , little ammo, little crew etc but those damn spaniards have never even attempted to board her and of course she wouldnt board any ship on its own.The other thing is that all those fecking galleons do is chasing ME all the time or sink her in no time! :modding
Unless someone posts a pic of the mow 's I just cant believe u can have two of them... :no

Perhaps you could order the half-empty SR to board an enemy ship? Preferably another MOW.

Nope the bloody cap'n wouldn't board any ship hell I even shot down the mast of a galleon when it was right next to it and then ordered but nothing happened. To hell with it I capture it once the missions are over one is more than enough I guess.

Would anyone please enlighten me how on earth you capture the soleil royale? I just finished french gg missions and its hanging around Guadeloupe but I cant board her even if I fly the jolly roger. She just keep sending me to the bottom of the ocean and the bloody boarding icon wouldn't appear at all! :modding

Would anyone please enlighten me how on earth you capture the soleil royale? I just finished french gg missions and its hanging around Guadeloupe but I cant board her even if I fly the jolly roger. She just keep sending me to the bottom of the ocean and the bloody boarding icon wouldn't appear at all! :modding
Once the Jolly Roger worked for me once, the second is not, as for you.
I used the Spanish flag, and it went well.
However recharge and repeat the trip.

Nah the spanish flag didn't work either but I ordered my fellow battleship to board the royale and he did alright and kept it whoo hoo! :cheers
Only downside is that the battleship was upgraded to the teeth :modding

hey guys, i'm stuck on this one.
finished the french gg mission as per instructions, went back to basse terre and found the sr.
so far so good ... thing is though, i simply can't board the ship >.>

jolly rodger? ... check
spanish flag? ... check
commanded my own ships to board it? ... check

all they do is going near the sr doing their silly circles next to it and get shot to hell.
(had a manowar and a ship of the line going for the sr at the same time)

i am mildly confused about the results so far. did i miss something?

help would be appreciated =)

thanks, i'll try that and see if it works =)

edit:

nope reloading doesn't work either.
somebody's gonna break the news to houston and it sure ain't me xD

seriously, this drives me nuts ... what other options do i have right now?

I read the idea of getting the Spanish to capture the ship and recapture it and give it to one of my officers. I managed to order the Soleil to grapple with the nearest Spanish Galleon and the Soleil was now under Spanish control. I then quickly recaptured it, put my own (and much more competent) officer at the helm and proceeded to sink the rest of the galleons. When I got back to the governor, he said the mission was failed because the ship sunk even though the ship was in perfect condition under my command. Based on this, I'd say wait till the end and do your best to capture it in Basse Terre before it's gone.

well, i have teo.
The first one was with the galleons
i too, could not get them to board, so i made HER board them, she was captured, i recaptured her and sunk everything. the governor was mad, but it didnt break the quest. second, right before handing her in, i put her in the port controller. the governor acted like o had ot, and she stayed in port BUT i still have the lousy captain, which when you think about it isnt dat bad because you would still have to put an officer to command it, and the default captain never mutinies, and has a special code in him that when the ship is boarded, she automatically loses, but is NOT sunk, so you can recapture her. I believe that since he took the ship, but it was in port, the soleil royal sytayed in besse terre, and i could have had THREE soleil troyals, however, i was so escited that i forgot colpletely and dodnt do that. if anyone could test this let me know, if not, after cmv3.2 comes out and we have to restart the game ill do it.

Maybe it's best to just have an enemy capture the ship and you can take it right back as soon as you get the chance. Since you'll fail the quest, you might as well just start on the pirate quest line since the Soleil is the best part of the entire French quest line. It's so sad that you aren't granted command of the ship seeing as you end up as an admiral in the French navy and had to keep the thing up and running all on your own for half of the missions.

I cant board the soleil royal. I completed the french questline. I went to the marquis bounrepaux or whatever his name is and he told me that the SR wil return to france in one month, then I went to the General Governor in Tortuga and talked to him but I did not get any Log Book Update. So I went back to base terre, I rised my Jolly Roger and there it was the SR. I attacked it with grapes but I get very close to it, I even crashed her and I dont get the Board option. What is going on?

Back