• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Soleil Royal

I did it!
Just read the solution and tested it!
It works.

Explanation :
Last french mission, AFTER you are sent to B Terre, moor Soleil du Royal (port control)
Go to B Terre without it, the quest WON'T BREAK, you will be able to blabla go back to Tortuga, blabla again and END the french questline.
But you own a Soleil du Royal :)

PS. I will post this twice, cause i saw another related question on this forum.
PPS. I used the port control in B Terre, dunno if another one works.

Wtihout the captain? Btw, whats the point of the ship again... does it have many more cannons than that ship with 102 42 lbers? or can it sail better against the wind?

OR as an alternative, you could just spawn a Soleil Royal in the shipyard after you complete the French Questline.
I never found a terrible amount of use for Man-O-Wars or Royal Crown Ship-of-the-lines in game, although they can use useful for transporting troops.
Turn like slow beasts of burden.
A fast Third Rater can take down a fort, while your other ships wait to assault the town.

Im still playing stock game, and I play only with a single Man-O-War, the Triomphant, but only cause of the looks and prestige of having a Man-O-War. I also love 42lb-ers. :)
Ofcourse it's worthless for other actions. My "combat load" is around 6000 out of 7500 storage room and 450 men (out of over a thousand) as crew... and even these guys cost between 60-100k per month! Thats a whole heavy galleon!
I hope that the Soleil would be more useful, cause of a, possibly, higher point of sail then the standard Man-O-War has, which at 0.75 makes it nigh impossible to capture anything but galleons and heavy galleons. Apropos heavy galleons, I managed to take my Man-O-War with just a single heavy galleon :)
EDIT:Well I got my Soleil Royal. Interesting thing is that spawned ones dont have 42 pounders, nor can they be upgraded to have them. Was a tough fight, had to bring my Man-O-War to lowest possible crew to make the Soleil board me! What a joy it was to shoot that stupid officer commanding it :) Now time to upgrade it.

Last edited:
Back