• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Solingen Rapier

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
There once was a great and beautiful sword, the Solingen Rapier in the game. I haven't seen it in years. Is it still in the game? Where do I find it and how do I get it?

Thanks

Get a Dutch Letter of Marque. (Or start the game as a Dutch privateer or naval officer.) Attack lots of ships and towns which are hostile to Holland. You will receive a Solingen Rapier when you rise to rank 8 (privateer "Erfridder", naval "Commandeur").

Thanks. Is there anyway to set that blade so it becomes randomly available? I know some times playing stormy start I get the French Admiralty Sword.

That's because stormy start gives you a random weapon between "blade1" and "blade10". The French Admiralty rapier is "blade9". The Solingen rapier is "blade26" so it can't be randomly given after a stormy start.

You could edit "PROGRAM\ITEMS\initItems.c". Find this part:
Code:
bool IsWeaponUnique(string id)
This function defines which weapons are supposed to be unique, only for special purposes. Delete this line:
Code:
case "blade26":       isUnique = true;        break;  // Solingen Rapier            - Dutch presentation blade
Then start a new game. (Or press F11; I'm not sure if that affects item definitions but if you have a game that has been in progress for a long time, try it.) You still won't get the Solingen rapier randomly during a stormy start but you might find it for sale; or you might find enemies trying to use it against you, especially if you attack Dutch ships.

There once was a great and beautiful sword, the Solingen Rapier in the game.
Ah! That was always and always my favourite sword too.
I'd always try to get that one; and then stick with it.
Perfection! :woot

Back