• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Some Bad News on My Part

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
It seems that my laptop no longer wants to turn on now that it's had a shower because I turned the fridge-I-don't-need off. So that means that I might've lost some of my files (though I think I've got most backed up) and it'll be much harder for me to remain active here.

If you have anything important to say/ask, please e-mail me at pieter_boelen@planet.nl.
I'll be able to check my e-mail much more easily than visit the forum.

Bad Luck Pieter, it seems to a be a bad week for laptops.......

Ouch! That's an hard one! :/ I hope for you the damage won't be too important...

Have you tried taking a hair dryer to it in short bursts? That brought a friend of mine's laptop back to life long enough for him to get his stuff off.

Indeed this really is bad news Pieter :(

Thomas I think you and I should try and keep Pieter up to date with stuff going on the forum, especially really important things :yes

It seems that my laptop no longer wants to turn on now that it's had a shower because I turned the fridge-I-don't-need off. So that means that I might've lost some of my files (though I think I've got most backed up) and it'll be much harder for me to remain active here.

If you have anything important to say/ask, please e-mail me at pieter_boelen@planet.nl.
I'll be able to check my e-mail much more easily than visit the forum.

Sorry to hear that mate. :facepalm Now you have an excuse to buy a new one. :woot

Hey BTW, I was in the us Navy for 7 years on the USS Seawolf fast attack nuclear submarine as a sonar tech. Are you still in the service? I got some liberty @ Bergen Norway in 03 and we were moored at the base there but that is as far as i got to where you are. :sail

I think the water has evaporated by now, but no luck yet.
Seems like I'll be stuck without for the next four months.
Please send any questions, comments, suggestions and news to my e-mail.
I can check that for free, so it's much more convenient than visiting the forum.

@ Craiggo: I never WAS in the service. That uniform is a Holland America Line one.
I'm still working there and am on the Maasdam as Fourth Officer.

I thought I would post this here instead of starting a new thread: I am offically a uni student now and want to get used to uni life at the current time, so I wont be doing much over the next couple of weeks as I get used to having to go to uni :yes

I will still be checking the forum for updates and posting help but probably wont be doing stuff to compile patch 1 till I get uni life sorted (or coding).

Of course when it comes time for assignments and exams later in the year this will happen again (and probably more severly)

Which brings us to the points Pieter and I discussed back in late December - Pieter's temporary absence is an impetus for the rest of you/us to generate greater, not lesser, achievements. Time may be an issue for most of us but motivation does tend to overrule that shortcoming.

If we all wish to focus on our own fantasy modding efforts then of course nothing new would await Pieter when he's back on dry land with a working gaming/development PC, but if we could take some notes from certain aspects of recent collaborative progress, there might be well documented and more importantly, completed projects happily waiting for the boss's review in May.

I'm sure some of the more vocal lads around here could provide some healthy journalism on upcoming ideas and plans, which would more or less automatically spur on new and greater stages of progress with various ideas/departments.

While it's an easy option to point the finger at me and say "why don't I do it", I'm afraid that's out of the question if you're observant enough.

Back