• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Some ideas I've been toying around with

Jackrel Carver

Landlubber
First I was wondering how I can edit items to add or remove stat modifiers. Reson behind this, is while I like the idea behind the books added into cmv3.2 I miss some items having possitive effects like the brass ring that inhances luck and items which kill your stats like the cursed artifacts and dead ducks.

Second, a while back I posted a question about the possibility of editing the save feature in the game, to A= allow you to autosave in port and or B to link saving to an ingame item. I recieved a fair amount of hits on that topic but never recieved so much as a simple "I don't know". I've done some poking around in the games files, but I never found any files dealing with saves that appeared to have any affect on requirements or rules for saving. I was hoping for a nudge in the proper direction.

Third, I read somewhere that in the buildmod you can get a compass which will then display the compass on the hud in seamode. I was wondering if I could get the files pertaining to that feature, as I would like to see if it could be implimented in coas.

Hi Jackrel,

To answer your first question, the books that you get in the game take the place of the enchanted items just to make it more realistic. The books are way better because there are many out there to find and they are all of deferent value.

Your second question is more difficult. I have no idea how to rig something like that.

Your final question is more feasible. I believe that after the PoTC Build teem finishes there latest build then they are going to work on CoAS. I don't know when this will happen but hopefully we can begin to see things like you suggested in CoAS. Our teem as it stands right now is very small.

It's not a perfect solution, but you can always just tap F6 to autosave wherever you're able to save the game normally. I'm sure there's some game mechanic tied to boarding battles that can also be tied to mooring your ship in port, but it might take some time to find and implement it, and it really isn't necessary since there's already an autosave hotkey that you can use.

Hi Jackrel,

To answer your first question, the books that you get in the game take the place of the enchanted items just to make it more realistic. The books are way better because there are many out there to find and they are all of deferent value.

Your second question is more difficult. I have no idea how to rig something like that.

Your final question is more feasible. I believe that after the PoTC Build teem finishes there latest build then they are going to work on CoAS. I don't know when this will happen but hopefully we can begin to see things like you suggested in CoAS. Our teem as it stands right now is very small.

Thanks for the reply

Maybe I was a bit unclear on my first question. But I was just wondering what files hold that information for personal use. I really like the skill books and I'm not planning to remove them from my game. I just wanted to add some of the original enchantments back to some items for my own game because I like the idea of cursees, mythical legends and such. Plus I figured that if the black pearls can still be cursed and there are still undead and ghost ships all over, then why not more funky supernatural awesomness.

Second I agree this isnt going to be a walk in the park. My closest guess, is that like everything else in this game; what i'm looking for isnt in a place id think to look.

Third I figure that Its something i'd find in the interface files, and It should just be a matter of tracking down what files and figuring out how to add a variable to an item to affect it appearing. problem is this games files confuse the livid crap out of me so I was hoping to take a peek at how they did it in potc. Though I guess I could be willing to wait for the build team to finish what theyre doing and moce to coas.

anywho, thanks for the help. I'm trying to not be that guy that comes online and asks other people to make his ideas into a mod. I have some experience with programing but I really need a push or 2 in the right direction of where I can find the files I'm trying to edit.

It's not a perfect solution, but you can always just tap F6 to autosave wherever you're able to save the game normally. I'm sure there's some game mechanic tied to boarding battles that can also be tied to mooring your ship in port, but it might take some time to find and implement it, and it really isn't necessary since there's already an autosave hotkey that you can use.

Thanks for pointing me in a possible direction. Main reason I'm looking to add to the autosave, is for people like me who regularly forget to save and end up losing alot of progress due to a game crash or untimely defeat. I'll have to take a look around for the boarding files to see if that turns up anything.

Back