1. Dismiss Notice
  2. GOG.com logo

Thanks to YOUR votes, GOG.com now sells:
    - Sea Dogs - Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales
    - Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships

Vote now to add Pirates of the Caribbean to the list!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Under the Crossbones Podcast

A Pirate Podcast with Interviews
    Music, Comedy and all things Pirate!

- Episode Guide - About - Subscribe -
    - Twitter - Facebook - iTunes - Android -
    - Youtube - Fill the Coffers -

Dismiss Notice
  4. New Horizons logo

Quick links for PotC: New Horizons
    - Download latest version
    - Wiki - FAQ - Report bugs here
    - ModDB profile

5. GOF logo

Quick links for AoP2: Gentlemen of Fortune 2
    - Downloads and info
    - Historical Immersion Supermod
    - ModDB Profile

Dismiss Notice
New to the forum?
Please take a moment to read our Welcome Message and Forum Rules.

Some new asks from your nice matey

Discussion in 'POTC: New Horizons Mod' started by Ambrois LeGaillard, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Ambrois LeGaillard

Ambrois LeGaillard Sailor Apprentice

Sea Captain and Troubleseeker
    Well,

I had the time to think, and then, to make at you some asks that will need replies, because, as you have seen and read, I'm a hard roleplayer, then these infos are really useful for me.

Playing PotC-NH, I have seen that nations are at war or not, change alliance, and make war or peace at certain times.

My 1st ask is:
    these are real historical times or not? Example, if Britain cease to war against France in a certain day, is referred to a historical fact, or peace and wars aren't historical at all?

The 2nd ask is similar:
    As you have seen, I'm not only a roleplayer, but also I like real history. If I start a game at 1775 (then when is started the American Indipendence war) the war end in 1783 like in history?
    And also, if I start a game in 1812, US stop the war against England at the right time?

Then, the 3rd ask:
    There's a chance that in the next PotC-NH mod version, GB-US wars will start and end in the right historical times? I ask this because in 1770, US and GB are already at war, and in the real world this will not happen until april 19, 1775 (I have seen in wikipedia for the real war time and days)

Well, while I wait your replies, I go to place a game that will start in November 9, 1775-US rebels will be sink, for the glory of our king George!

2. Pieter Boelen

Pieter Boelen (Not So) Old Seadog Staff Member Administrator Storm Modder Hearts of Oak Donator

Maritime Research: Project Engineer (Analysis)
    It's fully random.

No.

Depends if somebody makes that.
    The usual answer is: You want it, you make it. :rolleyes:

3. Grey Roger

Grey Roger Sea Dog Staff Member Storm Modder

No. There are a whole range of relation set-ups based on starting date and on historical wars which were in progress on that date. So if you pick a date in the middle of the War of the League of Augsburg, for example, relations will be set for that war. But relation changes within the game are random.

Possibly change the definitions of "Colonial Powers" and "Revolutions" periods in "PROGRAM\Periods.c", so that "Colonial Powers" ends in 1774 and "Revolutions" starts in 1775? Or even change them to 1775 and 1776 respectively because the US didn't exist until it declared independence in 1776. Prior to that, if you want to play as an American, you're actually a British Rebel and can set up your game accordingly.