• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

some questions by a new member

gandalf8211

Landlubber
Hi guys, i've finally found out this wonderful community after a lot of searching in the poor sea of italian forums (sorry for my english) about this game, i think it has a lot of unexpressed potential and reading about your present and future projects i have great hopes.

I would like to submit a few questions

First of all, what is the vannilla patch? i know the other patch is about improved realism, but can't figure out what's vanilla

Are there mods about the following features, or at least are the following features can be theorically implemented ?

- Direct sail (the possibility to sail from one location to another in first person). I've seen there is a mod for PotC about that, i was asking if is possible to make it in CoAS too.
- If direct sail is possible, are random ship encounters in first person possible too?
- If there is a thing i hate about this game is the sea colour..... it seem to be made of something like rubber instead of water. Is there a chance to improve it and make it more realistic?

Thank you mates, i hope i'll become part of this community and will try to give some help if i can!

Vanilla in this case refers to the game without modifications to it's ship and cannon stats, RTBL modifies ship stats and cannons to make it more realistic, expect very long sea battles.

So if you want to keep the the default settings, use the vanilla patch, if you want the RTBL settings, use that patch instead.

I'm not sure about the sea color, check out Ovahenort's thread. He has an ability for finding obscure thing's in the code. :will

All 3 of those suggestions are already been done for the Build Mod :yes

So I would say it is very possible to have them done but take a lot of work :shrug

All 3 of those suggestions are already been done for the Build Mod :yes

So I would say it is very possible to have them done but take a lot of work :shrug

Really what build is that? for another game? I have not seen anything for this game on those 3 subjects...

They did it for POTC and since COAS and POTC got similar coding we are pretty sure to make it happen but with a lot of work as Captain Maggee mention.

Cheers, :cheers

I would kill to have direct sail!!!!
The sea colour poorness in my opinion becomes more evident when there are many high waves, they're just too flat, don't know if there's the possibility to add textures to the waves (i fear not) but it would be a great thing....

PS: i downloaded the RTBL patch, now i'm about to start a new game, what you suggest me to select dynamic battles or tactical battles? What works best with this patch? Thanks again!

I would kill to have direct sail!!!!
The sea colour poorness in my opinion becomes more evident when there are many high waves, they're just too flat, don't know if there's the possibility to add textures to the waves (i fear not) but it would be a great thing....

PS: i downloaded the RTBL patch, now i'm about to start a new game, what you suggest me to select dynamic battles or tactical battles? What works best with this patch? Thanks again!

Someone suggest me Dynamic.

Cheers, :cheers

if i understand things right, tacit =more realistic sea battles and dynamic means more movie like battles of quick sinking fast boarding mayhem.

Back