• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Some quests can't be started

BartMend

Landlubber
Hi everyone! I know this game has a large amount of quests and that makes it more thrilling. But there are some quests that I can't start. I remember that I made a quest that involved Thomas O'Reily and contraband when I was younger, but now I don't know how to start it. I also remember Baldewyn Coffier and Arnaud Matton quest, and I can't find Baldewyn. Clair Larrouse doesn't appear, the Blacque quest doesn't start... I wonder if anyone knows the real conditions to make all side quests start, 'cause I want to complete this game at "100%" and I can't make this if some quests can't be made. Thanks.

I'm playing the original version,.....

When you say original version - do you mean the original game without any mods -- or do you mean an older version of the build mod such as Build 13?

In the original game ( and the mods ) Baldewyn should be sitting in St Pierre, Martinique, Tavern ( Falaise de Fleur in the original Game)

Thomas O'Reily and contraband - in the mods & original game - you have to do the cargo for Thomas quest first before he asks you to do the contraband ( you must have enough cargo space in your ship or fleet to get him to give you this.

Both these side quests are virtually unchanged in the latest mod - so the walkthroughs in the link given by @Pieter Boelen should work for the Original game and the mods.

Clair Larrouse - you need to be Level 4 for her to appear in the tavern

Have you tried talking to Rachel Blacque outside the store in St Pierre ?
:cheers

Last edited:
In my original POTC (Polish version), the Blacques, O'Reily 2 quests, Baldwedyn/Matton and Larousse weren't available, you can find traces of tchem in the stock game files though.

Indeed several sidequests were unfinished and disabled in the original game.
The modders finished and enabled them.

Surely you know what modpack version you did or did not install? :confused:

By redoing the modding work that people already did more than 10 years ago.
Or you just skip the trouble and install the mod. :rolleyes:
I didn't install any mod, and I know that by installing the mod I could play those quests, but the problem is that I don't want to change the game so radically, 'cause I have seen some gameplays and the mod is very different compared with the original.

I didn't install any mod, and I know that by installing the mod I could play those quests, but the problem is that I don't want to change the game so radically, 'cause I have seen some gameplays and the mod is very different compared with the original.
Then your only option is to redo the modding work that people already did more than 10 years ago.
Have fun! :dance

Or you try the oldest version of the mod that we've still got: http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/b11.exe
You may need to start a new game.

Ok, I think I've found a solution. I can change some code lines from the original game with those from the New Horizons that are not in the original game. If someone knows any other solution that would't change the game so much, please let me know. Thank you all who has helped me.

The simplest solution is already in my previous post.
You're not likely to get anything better than that. :no

Back