• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Some "unique" items

superdurnius

Corsair
Coordinator
3D Artist
Storm Modeller
I wondered one time thro the city... and saw (as every one in the forum) some un-rich or poor fellows with kinda good weapons... Even most cheapest blade doesn't fit those cinda character (that's just mine opinion)... And I remembered some nice models that i rune into while macing my location file from mine.gm file...

Files need some little messing up, but first screen, I called them: Worker_Axe Worker_Crow Worker_Pick Worker_Spade
screen2yyf.jpg

COOL! Especially if we can give those to random citizens and such.
Indeed the model-dialog-weapons relation doesn't make sense at the moment. :wacko:

saw a knife, on the bar in tavern... Barman should use it as he likes, but that knife simply lies on the bar and don't moves. (Large_tavern)
[attachment=3341:Render_barmens knife.jpg]

In taverns chamber, on the table lies nice dagger... Why he's left there? Someone forgot it? (Tavern_Room)
[attachment=3342:Render_guests knife.jpg]

One of the merchants sells lot's of things, but behind him, on the wall hangs nice dagger, blade and scimitar. Why can't I buy those? Some 'Special Edition'? (Store_Small)
[attachment=3343:Render_merchants dagger.jpg]
(Scimi and blade will complete later, thay have to be 'fixed')

One pirate have some nice display on the on the wall... Dagger and pistol... Guess they have nice story, if are displayed to all...
[attachment=3344:Render_Pirates dagger.jpg][attachment=3345:Render_Pirates pistol.jpg]
(pirateresidence)

Really cool. Will be a challenge getting all those various weapons used in appropriate places though! :shock

Alright

First thanks to TTT for nasty finishing job on those (coding, interfaces, descriptions...)

Now I need help. TTT reported me 'mirror weapon' glitch on knife... When other characters, equipped with knife have it as they should, but when you equipped it is all like mirror using max reflection. TTT thinks that that is alpha problem, but when I was testing that, I saw, that this 'glitch' is, ehm, interesting (to me).
To me ALL new items had that glitch. When equipped they are mirror-like, while other character equipped them, they are normal. I played around. After some location reloaded no result... I died then... reload to taverns upstairs and then wow... weapon is normal... Walked around town and saw, that 'glitch' is still here, but shows in different way: When I load save-game (after dead) all weapons are normal, with small posibilitye of one mirror like, but after location reload it back to normal. And every time I reload location (while walking around town) There is small chance that one other character will have mirror-like weapon (all characters with spades, but one of them with shiny mirror-like spade)... Anybody have a clue WTF is happening?

I haven't got the slightest idea, but I'll look out for the problem too.
Hopefully other people can check it too and we'll have more information soon. :wacko:

TTT just told me, that this happens to all from-other-mods weapons he try to add...

Reconverted back to gm, and tested much ingame... the same:
When new game starts, only man character has glitch. After death, it looks as normal, but with random minor encounter while location reloads...

I haven't got the slightest idea, but I'll look out for the problem too.
Hopefully other people can check it too and we'll have more information soon. :wacko:
I have opened maya file from HelpFiles/Ammo... Tryed to copy some data and statistics from it to those Items, but no good... always getting the same result... That glitch...

Is it a really noticeable glitch? If I understand correctly, it only happens sometimes and not to all weapons. Right?

I think that I fixed it... Need some testing tho.. I'll let you know what I get...

And yes, noticeable... especially when someone wear a spade... Or you load up wit glass-weapon...

I hope you did fix it SuperDurnius ;)

It would indeed make towns look alot more real in what characters are using what weapons

Of course we then also need to add some code to give characters weapons that are appropriate for their type.
The current system might just go giving spades to the town guards. :facepalm

Exactly my point; the game doesn't care and just hands out random weapons. :facepalm

Done...

Preview...
itemsworke.jpg

itemsblades.jpg

interfacelly.jpg

Coding:
InitItems — I hope you understand that you'll have to do AND InitItem code, not only InitStdItem, that is written here... (Where is XXX, there you'll have to figure out yourself... )
Code:
    //SuperDurnius weapons
n = InitStdBlade(n, "Barmansknife", "Barmansknife",  22,  7, 0.95,  0,   90,  3.0, 9.0, 40,  0,  "", 0); // Breadknife
n = InitStdBlade(n, "Merchantsdagger", "Merchantsdagger",  22,  8, 0.95,  1,   100, 8.0, 12.0, 30,  5,  "", 1); // Dagger
n = InitStdBlade(n, "MerchantsBlade", "MerchantsBlade", 22, 9, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx); // Merchants Blade
n = InitStdBlade(n, "Guestsknife",    "Guestsknife",  22,  6, 0.90,  1,   95, 5.0, 19.0, 30,  0,  "", 1); // Knife
n = InitStdBlade(n, "Minersaxe",      "Minersaxe",  22, 2, 0.90,  2,   150, 10.0, 15.0, 10, 10,  "", 0); // Woodmen's Axe
n = InitStdBlade(n, "Minerscrow",  "Minerscrow",  22, 1, 0.90,  2,   150, 10.0, 17.0, 10, 10,  "", 0); // Scraper
n = InitStdBlade(n, "Minerspick",  "Minerspick",  22, 4, 0.90,  2,   150, 10.0, 13.0, 15, 10,  "", 0); // Mining Pick
n = InitStdBlade(n, "Minersspade",  "MinersSpade",  22, 3, 0.90,  2,   150, 8.0, 13.0, 5, 10,  "", 0); // Spade
n = InitStdBlade(n, "Piratesdagger",  "piratesdagger",  22, 5, 0.90,  2,   750, 10.0, 15.0, 10, 10,  "", 0); // Pirate dagger

//SuperDurnius pistols
n = InitStdGun(n,"PiratesPistol", "PiratesPistol", 22, 10, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx); // Pirates Pistol

ItemsDescribe:
Code:
// SuperDurnius -->
itmname_Barmansknife	{Breadknife}
itmdescr_Barmansknife
{
The original use for this knife is slicing bread, but with a little skill it can also be used for slicing foes.
}

itmname_Merchantsdagger	{Dagger}
itmdescr_Merchantsdagger
{
This dagger is favoured by merchants who need to travel through dangerous sites. Thanks to it's size, it can be easily hidden. Thus a perfect suprise attack weapon, not much damage but it keeps your opponents at a distance.
}

itmname_GuestsKnife	{Knife}
itmdescr_GuestsKnife
{
The slim blade of this knife can pierce through even the tiniest hole.
}

itmname_Minersaxe	{Woodmen's axe}
itmdescr_Minersaxe
{
A woodcutters best friend. Trees or enemies, for this tool it makes no difference.
}

itmname_Minerscrow	{Shovel}
itmdescr_Minerscrow
{
Mostly used by farmers and slaves to cultivate the field. With it's sharp edge, it has no problem 'cultivating' your foe's skull.
}

itmname_Minerspick	{Pickaxe}
itmdescr_Minerspick
{
This tool is normally used for picking away at rocks. But it is also suitable for picking at enemies.
}

itmname_MinersSpade	{Spade}
itmdescr_MinersSpade
{
Both capable of cutting and whacking. After killing the victim, you give him his funeral immedialty.
}

itmname_PiratesDagger	{Stiletto}
itmdescr_PiratesDagger
{
An eleborate dagger. Very sharp and pointy, ideal for manipulating in a gambling game.
}

itmname_PiratesPistol	{Pirates Pistol}
itmdescr_PiratesPistol
{
Pistols are a prized posession among pirates, and are commonly used by high-ranking pirates to keep order. Most of them were captured from the navy or acquired otherwise. cheap, carefully maintained and reasonably effective.
}

itmname_MerchantsBlade	{Merchants blade}
itmdescr_MerchantsBlade
{
This saber is favoured by the few merchants who want to protect their merchandise with their lives. Not very elegant, but it does it job.
}

Download
[attachment=3483:packet.7z]

Thanks a lot, SuperDurnius! A couple of comments before installing:
- Weapon_Set_1.tga.tx was missing from the archive, but I took it from the game's Textures folder
- items22.tga.tx seems to be missing; can you upload that one too?
- Do you have any thoughts on those xxxx's?

Now we'll need to figure out some way of categorizing the weapons. That'll be quite an undertaking! :shock

Thanks a lot, SuperDurnius! A couple of comments before installing:
- Weapon_Set_1.tga.tx was missing from the archive, but I took it from the game's Textures folder
- items22.tga.tx seems to be missing; can you upload that one too?
- Do you have any thoughts on those xxxx's?

Now we'll need to figure out some way of categorizing the weapons. That'll be quite an undertaking! :shock
- Weapon_Set_1.tga.tx should be in archyve... i don't know why i missed it... but yes, it's identical to that one from textures folder...

- items22.tga.tx... how could i forgot... i'll upload it in little while...

- i don't have any thots on any xxxx's... Every statistic and description was written by NOT me... :D ... for those 2 i wasn't able to convince anyone to figure them out for me... and I'm not fully creative on those stats...

Back