• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help sound issues

Jonesie85

Boarding Master
Storm Modder
hello all. I have a simple problem.

In battle for example i could be taking broadsides from 3 different directions whilst 2 to 3 other ships are flinging shot everywhere. All i can hear are my sails flapping in the wind and the ocasional line of dialog. I tend to run throw battles with the increase speed option activated.

Is there a fix for this?

NOTE: i am running GOF 1.2

I am working on one based on a patch that was made for the same bug in original AOP. It's about a 70 percent improvement. There are still occasions when the gunfire noises are silent, but they are far fewer. If I could just run down all the causes.

BTW I think you are on to something with the mast fall sound. If you could disable the sound itself (comment out the instruction) it might go to helping the mast fall bug. I've said for a very long time that the mast bug is caused by several problems combined - bad ship DLL (fixed in Eras), texture conflict (90 percent fixed in Eras) and a sound priority problem/conflict.

MK

could you drop me a pm when you are comfortable with releaseing it to the public? also, i keeping hearing references to the ERA's mod. Is it pending release or has it already been released?

I am working on one based on a patch that was made for the same bug in original AOP. It's about a 70 percent improvement. There are still occasions when the gunfire noises are silent, but they are far fewer. If I could just run down all the causes.

BTW I think you are on to something with the mast fall sound. If you could disable the sound itself (comment out the instruction) it might go to helping the mast fall bug. I've said for a very long time that the mast bug is caused by several problems combined - bad ship DLL (fixed in Eras), texture conflict (90 percent fixed in Eras) and a sound priority problem/conflict.

MK

Back